Quandary......ON TOPIC

What would you do?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Wrong. I'm defending anyone's right to post here and not be personally attacked by you. Especially, their family.

I could not care less what his role is at FedEx, just as I'm sure he doesn't care what our roles are.

You're a grown man with a family. Leave his family out of it is all I'm saying.

Dano attacks me and (and my wife) regularly. I, at least, have a dick to wave. And, it's actually a dick-measuring contest (see Taken 1 with Liam Neeson).

Oh, Dano absolutely cares, because he is here to shut down opposition to FedEx. There, I'm done waving it. Are you happy?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Dano attacks me and (and my wife) regularly. I, at least, have a dick to wave. And, it's actually a dick-measuring contest (see Taken 1 with Liam Neeson).

Oh, Dano absolutely cares, because he is here to shut down opposition to FedEx. There, I'm done waving it. Are you happy?
Thank you.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Bang on! I'm honestly really amazed at how some people here resort to insults and name calling as a first response. I mean, I get it. Sometimes we're all a little over emotional but, damn. You'd think you could have a debate with someone without it falling into a mud slinging, dick waving contest within one or two posts.

You Canucks are so tolerant. I will labour to be less colourful in my descriptions of Dano, and invite him and his wife to Tim Horton's for a conciliatory cup of coffee.

Oh, and he's a rabid Trump supporter, so that isn't a good thing for Canadians.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
You Canucks are so tolerant. I will labour to be less colourful in my descriptions of Dano, and invite him and his wife to Tim Horton's for a conciliatory cup of coffee.

You're missing his point. He isn't saying you shouldn't disagree, but you shouldn't have to resort to name calling to do so.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You're missing his point. He isn't saying you shouldn't disagree, but you shouldn't have to resort to name calling to do so.

I have a huge issue with the way FedEx treats it's employees, and it makes me incredibly angry to deal with a company stooge like Dano who perpetuates their lies and misinformation. To be aligned with that program makes one both repugnant and disreputable.

He deserves zero respect from me or anyone else who works for FedEx. Go back and read some of his posts, Very pro-employee...not.

dezguy

It's not even about tolerance. We all know what Dano is like and what his/her responses are. Why feed into it?

By responding to Dano, in kind is just feeding into it. I'll be the first one to admit, even though I've tried not to, I get sucked into oldfart's game every now and then. I'm not saying it should never happen, I'm saying it doesn't need to happen every. single. time.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
It's not even about tolerance. We all know what Dano is like and what his/her responses are. Why feed into it?

By responding to Dano, in kind is just feeding into it. I'll be the first one to admit, even though I've tried not to, I get sucked into oldfart's game every now and then. I'm not saying it should never happen, I'm saying it doesn't need to happen every. single. time.

Agreed. I just can't stand either one of them.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I have a huge issue with the way FedEx treats it's employees, and it makes me incredibly angry to deal with a company stooge like Dano who perpetuates their lies and misinformation. To be aligned with that program makes one both repugnant and disreputable.

He deserves zero respect from me or anyone else who works for FedEx. Go back and read some of his posts, Very pro-employee...not.
I too have a huge issue with the way FedEx treats their employees. If I told you my story, your response would be, WTF? But I can't tell it or it would immediately identify me. I'm just asking you to tone down the personal attacks, that's all. The more you attack him and Oldfart, the less people take you seriously. I read his posts too, and obviously don't agree with most of them, but now and then he does make sense. Oldfart on the other hand, is WAY out there beyond help. He actually posted the other day that there was no Christmas Peak before the Internet. Lol.

dezguy

Agreed. I just can't stand either one of them.
That's life. Unfortunately, you're not going to like everyone you meet, just as not everyone you meet is going to like you.

You seem like an intelligent guy and i honestly believe you're trying to let people know the bad side of FedEx but honestly, when you start mud slinging with them or anyone else, it really takes away any good points you may have made, earlier.

Oldfart

I too have a huge issue with the way FedEx treats their employees. If I told you my story, your response would be, WTF? But I can't tell it or it would immediately identify me. I'm just asking you to tone down the personal attacks, that's all. The more you attack him and Oldfart, the less people take you seriously. I read his posts too, and obviously don't agree with most of them, but now and then he does make sense. Oldfart on the other hand, is WAY out there beyond help. He actually posted the other day that there was no Christmas Peak before the Internet. Lol.
I guess since you haven't been around very long, you just don't remember how it was in the early days. There was a VERY small increase in freight 40 years ago during Christmas. I was even taking Floating Holidays on Christmas Eve back then. Back then you were required to take a FH in conjunction with at least 1 holiday. Christmas was included in that policy. Al Gore and the internet changed all that. Just consider this 1 fact. If you eliminated EVERY mail order delivery we have at Christmas, you would probably lose 80% of all Christmas Peak increase. Person to person deliveries do increase during peak but mail order and the internet is responsible for the Christmas Peak. PLEASE, for future reference, do not post on matters if you are not knowledgeable on that subject. Christmas time in the late 70's is 1 of those subjects.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I guess since you haven't been around very long, you just don't remember how it was in the early days. There was a VERY small increase in freight 40 years ago during Christmas. I was even taking Floating Holidays on Christmas Eve back then. Back then you were required to take a FH in conjunction with at least 1 holiday. Christmas was included in that policy. Al Gore and the internet changed all that. Just consider this 1 fact. If you eliminated EVERY mail order delivery we have at Christmas, you would probably lose 80% of all Christmas Peak increase. Person to person deliveries do increase during peak but mail order and the internet is responsible for the Christmas Peak. PLEASE, for future reference, do not post on matters if you are not knowledgeable on that subject. Christmas time in the late 70's is 1 of those subjects.
Lol. I been around longer than you think. Maybe not as long as you, but plenty of time. Except my first year when I had a route in a major city, EVERY year since, I have dealt with Peak. In case you forgot, or maybe your tiny part of the world is different, but catalog ordering has been around for a long time. Remember LL Bean and Lands End, plus all the others? Yeah, we had plenty from those companies. Maybe not as much as since online ordering began, but we had plenty to be considered Peak.

Oh, and FYI, I'm not talking about late 70's.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Lol. I been around longer than you think. Maybe not as long as you, but plenty of time. Except my first year when I had a route in a major city, EVERY year since, I have dealt with Peak. In case you forgot, or maybe your tiny part of the world is different, but catalog ordering has been around for a long time. Remember LL Bean and Lands End, plus all the others? Yeah, we had plenty from those companies. Maybe not as much as since online ordering began, but we had plenty to be considered Peak.

I don't think it was the volume but rather the uncertainty that he was referring to.

In the past it was much easier to plan for Peak.

vantexan

My first Peak after two years in the Hub was 1988. No internet then and I was working 13+ hours a day.

Oldfart

LL Bean, Lands End and Daytimers were about it. Maybe some Swiss Miss. Either way, the Internet created the Christmas Peak that we have today. You call me names and make fun of me then admit you were not around during the time period I was referencing.

Peak evolved over the years but there was nothing like we have today back then. With the automation and productivity we have today, if you eliminated mail order and all internet deliveries at Christmas, we would notice the increase but we would not be blown out like we are today.

Last edited:

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
LL Bean, Lands End and Daytimers were about it. Maybe some Swiss Miss. Either way, the Internet created the Christmas Peak that we have today. You call me names and make fun of me then admit you were not around during the time period I was referencing.

Peak evolved over the years but there was nothing like we have today back then.
I never called you any names. Yes, the Internet created the mess that is our Peak now, but that's not what you previously said. Also, you didn't reference a time period until a few minutes ago. If you had, I wouldn't have said anything, because I know nothing about that time period

Status
Not open for further replies.