Query: Held in Warehouse - what does this mean

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrivateVoid

Just a Guest
I ordered a computer I am curious what the status 'held in warehouse' means.

Arrival Scan It says it is still on-time for delivery on 10/12, but I am not in KY so I doubt that it will make it... really curious why the main tracking window says 'held in warehouse' though. Any advice would be most appreciated.

Johney

I smell a(brownreggin)troll!. Come on people his tracking info looks just like the IPhone crap. Please don't get sucked in again(unless you enjoy it).

PrivateVoid

Just a Guest
Yes, it is from another country -- from the inference I assume this means it is a 'customs' thing and out of the control of UPS. Any idea how long that takes to clear? Also, does it cost money to have it delivered to a UPS store so I can pick it up and stop worrying about having to be home to sign for it?

Johney: I do not troll.

Johney

Yes, it is from another country -- from the inference I assume this means it is a 'customs' thing and out of the control of UPS. Any idea how long that takes to clear? Also, does it cost money to have it delivered to a UPS store so I can pick it up and stop worrying about having to be home to sign for it?

Johney: I do not troll.
Ok we'll see. We have had a problem member here recently and don't want to fall for it again under a different screen name, so if you do have "TRUE" problem we are here to help as best we can. If not well...

PrivateVoid

Just a Guest
Thank you CaliforniaPaul -- contact that number resulted in getting x-fered to the 'international' folks... who then told me the package was supposed to be delivered on Monday the 15th, they pulled it up on UPS.com and it showed the 12th. They apologized for the inaccurate information on the website tracking and told me that it has cleared customs so there should not be any delay. Disappointed that I will not have the new laptop for the weekend, but I hope to see the package on Monday.

Thanks for the phone number.

Ok we'll see. We have had a problem member here recently and don't want to fall for it again under a different screen name, so if you do have "TRUE" problem we are here to help as best we can. If not well...

Sorry to hear you guys had problems... I know how that feels as I am a moderator on a very active international forum myself. Hence... why I say I will not troll. Though if we talk football I might get a bit passionate about my football team :)

Last edited:

Johney

Thank you CaliforniaPaul -- contact that number resulted in getting x-fered to the 'international' folks... who then told me the package was supposed to be delivered on Monday the 15th, they pulled it up on UPS.com and it showed the 12th. They apologized for the inaccurate information on the website tracking and told me that it has cleared customs so there should not be any delay. Disappointed that I will not have the new laptop for the weekend, but I hope to see the package on Monday.

Thanks for the phone number.

Sorry to hear you guys had problems... I know how that feels as I am a moderator on a very active international forum myself. Hence... why I say I will not troll. Though if we talk football I might get a bit passionate about my football team :)
Sorry Private my bad. Just a little cautious. I hope we can help you.:wink2:

Johney

No, problem. Does the information I got from the customer service person make sense?
To be honest the scans are a little confusing. It appears to have cleared customs, only to be scanned twice in Louisville(within minutes of each scan)too no info at all. Not sure what to say.

PrivateVoid

Just a Guest
To be honest the scans are a little confusing. It appears to have cleared customs, only to be scanned twice in Louisville(within minutes of each scan)too no info at all. Not sure what to say.

Yeah... it was confusing. That and the status keeps changing... some times it says In Transit On-Time (still shows today as the delivery date) and other times it says 'held in warehouse'. It is also a bit troubling that is had an import scan at 1:01pm yesterday and then again at 1:19am this morning... but nothing since. My normal experience with UPS is that things get routed fairly quickly... the only time scans do not happen quickly is when it is going ground over a long distance.... then you have a departure scan and nothing for a while... I had not seen 'import scan' before.

PrivateVoid

Just a Guest
Decided to call customer service again since the shipment has still not updated...

This time I am told that it is still in holding and has not cleared customs. Yet I have two 'import scans' and the information on import scans is:

"Import Scan: The shipment has cleared import procedures in the receiving country."

I am a little bit nervous to give out my tracking number. Can anyone confirm that Import Scan actually means that it has completed the customs process? If I did give one of you my tracking number what could information could you get that I can not see on the tracking website?

barnyard

KTM rider
Wouldn't have taken far less time to call the 800# than it did to register and get nebulous semi-worthless answers?????

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I did call the 800 number, but got two different explanations. I was hoping to get better information here.

There are a couple of members here who have the ability to track packages and provide detail beyond what ups.com or the 1-800# can provide. Hopefully one of them will see this thread and help you out. The rest of us are limited to the same tracking resources that you have already used.

It sounds as though there is an issue with the customs paperwork.

PrivateVoid

Just a Guest
Good news: It appears to have left the warehouse.

What does the "Receiver requested temporary change of address indicate? I made no such request.

I assume there is no way for me to pick up the item today if it gets to the local distribution center since it is now scheduled for delivery on Monday; is that assumption correct?

menotyou

bella amicizia
Good news: It appears to have left the warehouse.

What does the "Receiver requested temporary change of address indicate? I made no such request.

I assume there is no way for me to pick up the item today if it gets to the local distribution center since it is now scheduled for delivery on Monday; is that assumption correct?
It's a tactic used by UPS to take any blame for a late package of their back. It's a management tool. Son't blame the employee. They are just working as directed.

Status
Not open for further replies.