Query: Held in Warehouse - what does this mean

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrivateVoid

Just a Guest
It's a tactic used by UPS to take any blame for a late package of their back. It's a management tool. Son't blame the employee. They are just working as directed.

That actually relieves me greatly -- it is better that the package is late, which is it, than to go some where else.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Worldwide Expedited. My assumption would be part air, part ground. Given the transit time it was flown from KY to Buffalo. I imagine it will be going ground to my city though.
Then, it left Buffalo in a feeder(tractor trailer) and will be sorted and delivered on Monday. It will be on that trailer until Monday. No way to get to it. Sorry.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Your package was flown from Worldport to Buffalo. Worldwide Expedited is an air product. There is a good chance that you may receive delivery today as the package may have been upgraded to Saturday delivery; if not, you will have your package on Monday. I would continue to update the tracking to see if there has been any movement and apologize for the incovenience. I would also inquire as to who initiated the address change request.

laffter

Sorry to hear you guys had problems... I know how that feels as I am a moderator on a very active international forum myself. Hence... why I say I will not troll. Though if we talk football I might get a bit passionate about my football team :)
Sorry Private my bad. Just a little cautious. I hope we can help you.:wink2:

tumblr_lmputme3co1qa6q7k_large.png
tumblr_lmputme3co1qa6q7k_large.png

brownIEman

It's a tactic used by UPS to take any blame for a late package of their back. It's a management tool. Son't blame the employee. They are just working as directed.

That actually relieves me greatly -- it is better that the package is late, which is it, than to go some where else.

It looks to me like the shipment this package was with had a slight delay in getting cleared through customs. Shipments brought in to international facilities like Louisville have to be held in special areas approved by customs and processed with certain controls in place. They cannot be moved out of these areas within the facility and controls have to be in place to ensure only authorized personal can enter these areas and only shipments cleared by customs can be brought out. It can be a confusing process. I would guess the two different import scans were movement of the shipment your laptop was in within this area. I would also assume the final approval from customs to bring that shipment into the US (the special hold area is not legally considered in the US yet) did not happen until 10:57 PM and was obviously too late to get you package to you on Friday. It is likely in a trailer of some kind and will be delivered on Monday. Not sure about the temporary delivery change request. It could be that that was an upgrade to Sat Air, so it is possible it may get to you today but I would not count on it. That could also be an address clarification or service level adjustment that I have seen sometimes on international packages. If you would like to send me a PM with the tracking number I can look up more detailed information.

I do not see any "tactic" to redirect blame on anyone’s part in this tracking information and believe that comment was completely unwarranted by these circumstances.

menotyou

bella amicizia
It looks to me like the shipment this package was with had a slight delay in getting cleared through customs. Shipments brought in to international facilities like Louisville have to be held in special areas approved by customs and processed with certain controls in place. They cannot be moved out of these areas within the facility and controls have to be in place to ensure only authorized personal can enter these areas and only shipments cleared by customs can be brought out. It can be a confusing process. I would guess the two different import scans were movement of the shipment your laptop was in within this area. I would also assume the final approval from customs to bring that shipment into the US (the special hold area is not legally considered in the US yet) did not happen until 10:57 PM and was obviously too late to get you package to you on Friday. It is likely in a trailer of some kind and will be delivered on Monday. Not sure about the temporary delivery change request. It could be that that was an upgrade to Sat Air, so it is possible it may get to you today but I would not count on it. That could also be an address clarification or service level adjustment that I have seen sometimes on international packages. If you would like to send me a PM with the tracking number I can look up more detailed information.

I do not see any "tactic" to redirect blame on anyone’s part in this tracking information and believe that comment was completely unwarranted by these circumstances.
The reason I stated a "tactic" is because I have witnessed and been a party to by way of working as directed. Has anyone ever sheeted a pkg as EC when, in actuality, it was deliverable? In the vain of working as directed, it was the norm at my center a while ago. Also, I was the AM clerk for years. I worked as directed then, too.

brownIEman

The reason I stated a "tactic" is because I have witnessed and been a party to by way of working as directed. Has anyone ever sheeted a pkg as EC when, in actuality, it was deliverable? In the vain of working as directed, it was the norm at my center a while ago. Also, I was the AM clerk for years. I worked as directed then, too.

I get that. I am not saying your comment is not warranted in any situation at UPS, I am not that naive. I just think that it was not warranted in any way by this situation.

I just think when a customer comes to this site to learn more about our UPS family, it would be better if we could let our crazy out just a little at a time...

PrivateVoid

Just a Guest
I get that. I am not saying your comment is not warranted in any situation at UPS, I am not that naive. I just think that it was not warranted in any way by this situation.

I just think when a customer comes to this site to learn more about our UPS family, it would be better if we could let our crazy out just a little at a time...

Dude... I am too old to worry about the specifics or get bothered by stuff. I appreciate the honest opinions I have received from all here. I still respect the workers in brown so do not fear that 'tactic' causes me any concern. I worked too long in management to now know those things exist.

menotyou

bella amicizia

I believe in being honest. BTW, I let Uncle Mike out of his cage on Sunday's. :winks:

PrivateVoid

Just a Guest
Well,did you get your computer?
Yes, I got the computer... though with cub scouts tonight I did not get much time to get it setup. Tomorrow night I will hopefully get time. Thanks again for the information from everyone.

wes hvn

I found this thread online - I know its old but im in a similar situation. Ordered some soccer uniforms from Spain and they are held in warehouse in Philadelphia. Ive contacted the seller and a local UPS office (not clear who/where exactly but it wasnt just a retail store/front) and the local customs office. None have been able to help me much yet. I guess I understand the situation but Im trying to find more info on what exactly the problem is so I can hopefully prod whoever needs to step up to do so. All I have is a tracking number - maybe if I can find a bill of lading?! I needed these like 2 days ago! Please help!

I found this thread online - I know its old but im in a similar situation. Ordered some soccer uniforms from Spain and they are held in warehouse in Philadelphia. Ive contacted the seller and a local UPS office (not clear who/where exactly but it wasnt just a retail store/front) and the local customs office. None have been able to help me much yet. I guess I understand the situation but Im trying to find more info on what exactly the problem is so I can hopefully prod whoever needs to step up to do so. All I have is a tracking number - maybe if I can find a bill of lading?! I needed these like 2 days ago! Please help!
You aren't going to find your answer on here!

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
@turdferguson can help you, he knows about these type of things.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Please leave your name, address, major credit card #, and social security number and someone will be with you momentarily. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.