Ups held in warehouse problem

Gerben

Hello I am trying to send an airgun from the US to the Netherlands, I have paid custom taxes and now it's been held at the warehouse for over a week. What can I do? I already contacted UPS and they said I needed to contact the US company which I did, but they said they got nothing. Btw sending airguna over is 100% legal the only problem they can have is that it looks too much like an AK for example, which it doesn't.
Any advice would be appreciated,
Thx

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Hello I am trying to send an airgun from the US to the Netherlands, I have paid custom taxes and now it's been held at the warehouse for over a week. What can I do? I already contacted UPS and they said I needed to contact the US company which I did, but they said they got nothing. Btw sending airguna over is 100% legal the only problem they can have is that it looks too much like an AK for example, which it doesn't.
Thx

File a claim...and go out and buy another one...

Johney

RETRACTION:
I consulted with Doctor Google and he/she said airsoft guns are easily acquired in the Netherlands,

My bad.
Maybe not ones that are too realistic looking? My son had air soft guns that you couldn’t tell the difference from a real AR even up close.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
Maybe not ones that are too realistic looking? My son had air soft guns that you couldn’t tell the difference from a real AR even up close.
snatch-pew-pew-time.gif

worldwide

Guns are prohibited. Airsoft or not. 2022 and the woke agenda for you.
Not entirely true.

Airsoft guns are NOT considered firearms in the eyes of the federal government. This is specifically due to the definition given to a firearm by the Federal government: The term “firearm” is defined in the Gun Control Act of 1968, 18 U.S.C. Section 921(a)(3), to include (A) any weapon (including a starter gun), which will, or is designed to or may readily be converted to expel a projectile by the action of an explosive; (B) the frame or receiver of any such weapon. Based on Section 921(a) (3), air guns, because they use compressed air and not an explosive to expel a projectile, do not constitute firearms under Federal law unless they are manufactured with the frames or receivers of an actual firearm.

That being said, UPS prohibits the international shipping of firearms. The likely issues are:
  1. How the item was declared on the commercial invoice and how Customs in the Netherlands interpret the information on the invoice
  2. Quick search online shows that to own an airsoft gun in Netherlands, the citizen must belong to and obtain a permit from a group called NABV. There must be a copy of the permit or the permit number on the commercial invoice so that Customs can check it, if you don't, they will confiscate it and ask you to send it within a couple of weeks to release the package.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Thx

Quit selling stuff off Facebook and get a real job like working at UPS
🧔‍♂️✊

TopsyKrets

$41.51
Thx

You will never be a RPCD!