Question about "clean up"

SmithBarney

Packages never get left behind... haha...
no combo or air drivers in use where I was.

They'll call you back to center if your close enough,
Otherwise management will bring them out if they for somewhere close.
otherwise they brush it under the carpet till tomorrow.

outamyway

I don't know where they'd keep a broom that big.

There have always been a lot of packages left behind for some reason or another in our building. So I'm wondering If people here just have a bad work ethic or if it's something that happens all over.

I've always gone out of my way to help with recycle when I get back from my EAM deliveries but I can only do so much.

Thing is, there are supervisors delivering packages here and I know they are not supposed to be. A combo driver I know has been filing grievances almost everyday for 3 months but a certain manager is letting all grievances pile up.

This is why I asked who, if anyone, helps out at your centers. Or if there are any packages left behind at all.

Thanks for any info.

ihadit

Managers in this building usually scan them as futured or closed. The abuses here are rampant. But maybe with our new DM things may change, doubt it though.... tough to teach an old dog new tricks!!

Griff

An oncar sup puts them on a truck and takes them out and delivers himself here. Meanwhile new drivers who only know training routes and split trips are sent home without work. Supervisors working here is such a big issue that our BA's sit at the fence sometimes and inspect the oncar's trucks if they are in one.

N

No package left behind

Who helps with left behind packages at your center: full-time, combo drivers, supervisors, air-driver. Thanks

Why would packages be left behind? Don't all the drivers make sure they have all their packages before they leave the building? Are they packages that noone wanted to deliver so they pulled them off the car before they left?

outamyway

Why would packages be left behind? Don't all the drivers make sure they have all their packages before they leave the building? Are they packages that noone wanted to deliver so they pulled them off the car before they left?

Could be a number of reasons. Small sort is behind, eregs are heavy. Plus we have 8 main run offs and none of them finish at the same time because of the wierd setup we have. But it mostly has to do with miss sorts, and a lot of them.

Don't all drivers make sure they have all their packages before they leave? No, most of our drivers start to leave about 8:45 to 9:00 and it's always a mad dash to get out of there so the air can be done on time. Some could care or less.

Pre-load on a good day will finish about 8:30 but it doesn't happen often. Late air is a big problem because of this. At the other facility in Las Vegas they launch at 8:30ish everyday.

I'm not sure where I can see and compare service levels for this building but I'm sure they're pretty bad.

It just seems here, the money is more important than the service.