Question about FedEx stepvans

abadgti

Hello im new here and to FedEx. Im excited because I love this kind of work and I hope to become FT in the near future. I just had a question about the FedEx vans.

Is there an outlet to charge cell phones or plug a GPS into?

armymom

Hello im new here and to FedEx. Im excited because I love this kind of work and I hope to become FT in the near future. I just had a question about the FedEx vans.

Not in the new vans that our station has. It's not allowed!

LTFedExer

The old Econolines have both an outlet and a/c. W700's and W900's have neither. The older Sprinters have neither and I'm not sure about the new ones, but I can check tomorrow (we got 1 last month).

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The old Econolines have both an outlet and a/c. W700's and W900's have neither. The older Sprinters have neither and I'm not sure about the new ones, but I can check tomorrow (we got 1 last month).

The question was specific to step-vans. Neither Sprinters nor Econolines are considered to be "stepvans".

SmithBarney

I'll say it depends on your Mechanic(onsite or off) we had what some regarded as one
of the best mechanics in the district and he was often shipped off to other Stations to
"fix" issues. Anyway if you came to him with a 12v Accessory outlet(walmart $1.98)
he would install it "properly" in your W700. He'd much rather install it correctly than have some
dimwit courier use alligator clips battery(which happened quite frequently until he offered to put
12v accessory outlets for "safety"

Ironically all of our Econolines had that 12v outlets
wires cut.. I fixed a few. My new station, the Sprinters have had the 12v outlets removed, and all of our vans
are Budget Rentals(with FEDEX logos) we have 3rd party mechanics, and they don't mess with the Chevy Vans.(other than PMI)

HomeDelivery

The basic FedEx delivery truck is a Utilimaster W700 step van built on a Freightliner MT45 chassis, powered by the familiar Cummins 5.9-liter inline-six turbodiesel that drives through an Allison AT542FE automatic.

source: a quick google search

but, why are your vehicles trying to be like UPS, with deleting the power outlets ???

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

Ok, I am assuming you're a VW owner by your screenname, good choice! Now you are obviously under the assumption that you'll be FT soon...get over that one, it's not likely to happen soon, and I'm not saying it like that too pee in your Cheerios, just preparing you for disappointment!

FedEx trucks don't have outlets, unless you count doors...or maybe the Ground trucks do, Express don't.

abadgti

Ok, I am assuming you're a VW owner by your screenname, good choice! Now you are obviously under the assumption that you'll be FT soon...get over that one, it's not likely to happen soon, and I'm not saying it like that too pee in your Cheerios, just preparing you for disappointment!FedEx trucks don't have outlets, unless you count doors...or maybe the Ground trucks do, Express don't.
Yea I have never driven anything but VWs ever since I got my license.