Amazon Is Waiting Patiently

thecamel

Waiting to put the re in front of tired
Remember when Amazon started back in 1907? Think. Think real hard. No kidding! The brown company has been doing this for well over a century now and doesn't even deliver its own product. So what is Amazon uniquely positioned for? Well with this "CON"tractor model it's already been proven that they may be positioning themselves to die a long and slow death. Scraping off a few profits off the backs of many small businesses in the meantime.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Remember when Amazon started back in 1907? Think. Think real hard. No kidding! The brown company has been doing this for well over a century now and doesn't even deliver its own product. So what is Amazon uniquely positioned for? Well with this "CON"tractor model it's already been proven that they may be positioning themselves to die a long and slow death. Scraping off a few profits off the backs of many small businesses in the meantime.
Amazon.com
Founded
July 5, 1994, Bellevue, WA

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Amazon has essentially copied the FedEx Ground model for home deliveries. The same goes for their trucking ops. How many Amazon trailers do you see on the highways? Lots. Intermodal? Yes. Tons of Amazons containers running on trains. Prime Air is up to 90 planes in just 8 years. Low wages for the drivers and a small margin of profit for the contractors. Amazon annual profit for FY 2022 was just over $225B.
Bezos could buy FedEx in cash without straining his check writing hand BTW. If GroundEx fails, they would be a logical candidate to step into the common carrier game.

qdg2

Amazon has essentially copied the FedEx Ground model for home deliveries. The same goes for their trucking ops. How many Amazon trailers do you see on the highways? Lots. Intermodal? Yes. Tons of Amazons containers running on trains. Prime Air is up to 90 planes in just 8 years. Low wages for the drivers and a small margin of profit for the contractors. Amazon annual profit for FY 2022 was just over $225B.
Bezos could buy FedEx in cash without straining his check writing hand BTW. If GroundEx fails, they would be a logical candidate to step into the common carrier game.
Uh.....

You mean annual revenue?

Depending on who you ask......
I see a net loss.

Looks like they lost money.

Care to back up your statements about profit.

Oh, he could buy UPS and FDX probably. Would the Feds allow it? Or even FDX.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Amazon has definitely copied FedEx ground, their drivers suck too. And Bezos would never buy a company like FedEx, he’s to smart, he knows it’s a waste of money.

qdg2

Amazon has definitely copied FedEx ground, their drivers suck too. And Bezos would never buy a company like FedEx, he’s to smart, he knows it’s a waste of money.
Would you consider their infrastructure a "waste of money"? Buy for pennies on the dollar perhaps? Or rather build piece by piece?

qdg2

Bezos doesn’t need that headache
But....to take over internet shipping....he needs butts in seats. A failing delivery company.......just the ticket? Some paint.....

UPS or FDX then watch the other die. Voila. UPS's costs....just too high though....especially if they get a raise.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
But....to take over internet shipping....he needs butts in seats. A failing delivery company.......just the ticket? Some paint.....

UPS or FDX then watch the other die. Voila. UPS's costs....just too high though....especially if they get a raise.
FedEx infrastructure would be of huge interest, as well as the airline portion of the operation. Gates, ramps and planes, probably at bargain prices. When FedEx bought Flying Tigers in 1989, the main interest was facilities and routes. I cited gross income, not net income, so my bad there. Bezos could still buy FedEx for cash and not even break a sweat. I have no idea if their long-term plans include becoming a common carrier.

zeev

Amazon would never touch the FedEx business, They are a trucking company that trucks all their volume to huge warehouses and distributes from there. Amazon to my understanding actually owns the trucks in the Amazon Relay Partners and contractors just provide the labor.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Amazon would never touch the FedEx business, They are a trucking company that trucks all their volume to huge warehouses and distributes from there. Amazon to my understanding actually owns the trucks in the Amazon Relay Partners and contractors just provide the labor.
I see a lot of owner-operators running Amazon where I live. They do apparently own some city tractors, many of which are eco-friendly. Never say never on them becoming a common carrier.

qdg2

FedEx infrastructure would be of huge interest, as well as the airline portion of the operation. Gates, ramps and planes, probably at bargain prices. When FedEx bought Flying Tigers in 1989, the main interest was facilities and routes. I cited gross income, not net income, so my bad there. Bezos could still buy FedEx for cash and not even break a sweat. I have no idea if their long-term plans include becoming a common carrier.
What is plain......making money in small package shipping is tough. Lot's of expense to make some.

NOW, A LITTLE CHECKING REVEALED Bezos has about $11 billion in cash(whatever that means)(he's worth $120b or so total).

FDX is work about $58 billion. So, wanna explain that? He own's 10% of Amazon.

Now, could he borrow it? Probably.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
What is plain......making money in small package shipping is tough. Lot's of expense to make some.

NOW, A LITTLE CHECKING REVEALED Bezos has about $11 billion in cash(whatever that means)(he's worth $120b or so total).

FDX is work about $58 billion. So, wanna explain that? He own's 10% of Amazon.

Now, could he borrow it? Probably.
Bezos could handily afford it. Most of that $120B is stock, of which he sells some. Easy.

UnionStrong

Maybe. I don’t see it though.

qdg2

Bezos could handily afford it. Most of that $120B is stock, of which he sells some. Easy.
Well, you said cash....write a check handily.
Selling stuff to buy other stuff is what working folks like us do.

Doesn't look like he "easily" has the cash on hand....

Everyone has a limit....even Bezos.

UnionStrong

Well, you said cash....write a check handily.
Selling stuff to buy other stuff is what working folks like us do.

Doesn't look like he "easily" has the cash on hand....

Everyone has a limit....even Bezos.
He says a lot of things. Usually it’s baloney.

Serf

I talked to the Amazon girl today about a misdelivery at my house. She said she couldn’t take it because she would get in trouble. The customer just has to file a refund. This is the future. Amazing.