Question about feeder drivers

Walk88

I've done it more than one time. My first peak in feeders, I think I went 3 weeks without a reset.

We call it a rolling 60.
Until the DOT shuts you down in the middle of a run because you didn't have proper time off. See how you and the company like a set sitting because the company violated your hours of service

Johney

Until the DOT shuts you down in the middle of a run because you didn't have proper time off. See how you and the company like a set sitting because the company violated your hours of service
It's a drivers responsibility to keep track of their hours.

Driver7906

I’ve been pulled over by the Department of Safety for a random inspection before. One of the first things he asked for was to see my driver logs in my IVIS. If I had any violations in my time, I certainly would’ve gotten cited. This guy nit picked everything with his inspection.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!

What are you talking about?

You do not need a 34 hour reset, ever, as long as you keep track of your hours.

Although, it does take a little bit of knowledge to keep track of your hours for the past 7 days, and to know when the hours "fall" of allowing you to keep working without violating HOS.

If you need help figuring this out, let me know. I will be glad to explain it to you.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
I roll my 60 quite a bit since I stay on daily coverage. Do your IVIS's add the hours after midnight on the day you recapture? Ours don't.

Once my original hours run out it stays on 00:00 drive and 00:00 on-duty time even if I've recaptured 12+ hours at midnight.

Sweeper

Where’s the broom?
I roll my 60 quite a bit since I stay on daily coverage. Do your IVIS's add the hours after midnight on the day you recapture? Ours don't.

Once my original hours run out it stays on 00:00 drive and 00:00 on-duty time even if I've recaptured 12+ hours at midnight.
Same here, after midnight I normally restart the IVIS while I’m stopped and the hours will show up accurately.

Johney

Same here, after midnight I normally restart the IVIS while I’m stopped and the hours will show up accurately.
Weird, whenever I restart mine it goes back to whatever hours were there when I punched in. Say the first day of the week (60 hours) it will show that at punch out time if that's when I restart it.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
My biggest problem is that if you get a notification while driving ie 30min on duty left. it wont let you inbound it just stays on the black screen like your still driving even while stopped.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
My biggest problem is that if you get a notification while driving ie 30min on duty left. it wont let you inbound it just stays on the black screen like your still driving even while stopped.

Mine has a little bar on the bottom to close that screen. This can be done even in motion and puts you back to the black screen with HOS details on top.