Question about injury off work and pension...

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Johnny123456789, Aug 31, 2019.

1. A co-worker told me that I would be covered 6 months of pension even tho I was injured outside of work. I was on disability for about 8 months.

Is that correct? Sounds kind of far fetched.

We do have some guys that work 6 months and take 6 months off every year.

2. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

This would be in your contract. Here if you don't work. You don't get a pension contribution.

3. Harley Rider

Harley Rider 34 yrs & done!

Was out all of last year except 2 weeks on workmans comp. No credit given on pension. You don’t work....no credit.

4. Yeah that's what I figured. But this high seniority full timer misses tons of work and strongly believes he gets at least 6 months of pension when missing time.

5. Raw

Raw Raw Member

Call the pension fund. I was off 4 months on comp and got 444 hours credit!

6. Here they pay into the pension for 6 months if you are in comp, I'm not sure about if you are in disability if they pay into it or not.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  7. Jones

Jones fILE A GRIEVE! Staff Member

Union will cover your pension and healthcare contributions for 1 year of off the job disability here. Also pay you 225/week for the first 6 months, 275/week for the second 6 months. Not much but better than nothing.

8. Johney

Johney Well-Known Member

Here you must have 1801 hours worked per year to get full year pension credit, not sure how they pro-rate it for less time.