Question about injury off work and pension...

Johnny123456789

A co-worker told me that I would be covered 6 months of pension even tho I was injured outside of work. I was on disability for about 8 months.

Is that correct? Sounds kind of far fetched.

We do have some guys that work 6 months and take 6 months off every year.

542thruNthru

A co-worker told me that I would be covered 6 months of pension even tho I was injured outside of work. I was on disability for about 8 months.

This would be in your contract. Here if you don't work. You don't get a pension contribution.

Johnny123456789

Yeah that's what I figured. But this high seniority full timer misses tons of work and strongly believes he gets at least 6 months of pension when missing time.

Here they pay into the pension for 6 months if you are in comp, I'm not sure about if you are in disability if they pay into it or not.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Union will cover your pension and healthcare contributions for 1 year of off the job disability here. Also pay you 225/week for the first 6 months, 275/week for the second 6 months. Not much but better than nothing.

Johney

Here you must have 1801 hours worked per year to get full year pension credit, not sure how they pro-rate it for less time.