Question about leaving package on street curb

bellesotico

BOXstar
Well @ least you recieved the package! :)

I never get my packages when the tracking says they are out for delivery! I check the tracking later on & it says

THE RECEIVER WAS UNAVAILABLE TO SIGN ON THE 1ST DELIVERY ATTEMPT. A 2ND DELIVERY ATTEMPT WILL BE MADE

NEVER GOT A INFO NOTICE STICKY ON MY DOOR EITHER!

The next day I check the tracking # it says:

THE RECEIVER WAS NOT AVAILABLE TO SIGN ON THE 2ND DELIVERY ATTEMPT. A 3RD DELIVERY ATTEMPT WILL BE MADE

RECEIVER WAS UNAVAILABLE TO SIGN ON 3RD DELIVERY ATTEMPT;DELIVERY RESCHEDULED

RECEIVER WAS UNAVAILABLE TO SIGN ON 3RD DELIVERY ATTEMPT;A POSTCARD HAS BEEN SENT TO THE RECIPIENT REQUESTING THAT THEY CONTACT UPS.

Still no notices on my door but they say they were here when I was home @ the hours listed in the tracking....now while I'm waiting for a postcard to contact UPS the postcard gets here the day after the sendback date:crying:

UPS says they can't do NOTHING once it's sent back to the SHIPPER!

The SHIPPER is HSN well they can not contact UPS to request the package get sent back to me since it gets shipped to there warehouse which then gets sent to the outlets....

So now I'm SOL :confused:1 because the item is now outta stock SOLD OUT!

HSN had sent me replacements once but now this is the 2nd time it's happened so I need to re-order the items & when they receive the others they will credit me!

Does anyone know how I can get these packages now from SECAUCUS, NJ?:sad:

TIA!

Very interesting..you never got a notice..yet you specifically refer to the notice as an INFO NOTICE. Come on now..lol..how would you know what those "little sticky notes" are called unless you had one in your hands...

*cough*TROLL*cough*

bellesotico

BOXstar
It is my understanding that UPS drivers in driver release areas are supposed to attempt to deliver a package to a customer at least twice.

Well, yesterday, this did not happen.

I live on 4 acres of land and have a long driveway to my home.

I received a package shipped via UPS. It was left on the street curb. Now, understand that this is a long way from my house, and that I have had many deliveries to my door in the past.

Is there anyone I can talk to about this? I have a feeling this driver was in a hurry and just left it on the curb without ever trying to deliver to the door, because it would take a couple of minutes.

I am a disgruntled customer. But, I have family that works for UPS, so I know this is not the way things should be done.

Any advice?

Yes. Go troll elsewhere.

Why on EARTH would a driver reattempt a DR?

derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....

yuhjnm

yuhjnm
once i delivered a stop that had five mailboxes one drive way with five houses each house had no number on it so i put the box in a dr bag and left it at the mail box NOT in it.... later that day a man came up to me asking me how to i file a complaint i asked what happen he told me that UPS left his $800 pair of shoes in a bag at his mail box i then ask what was the address and told him i would make sure that the driver would be spoken to...

Rantmuse

Cog for the man
once i delivered a stop that had five mailboxes one drive way with five houses each house had no number on it so i put the box in a dr bag and left it at the mail box NOT in it.... later that day a man came up to me asking me how to i file a complaint i asked what happen he told me that UPS left his $800 pair of shoes in a bag at his mail box i then ask what was the address and told him i would make sure that the driver would be spoken to...

Well done on the cya... however, it still didn't resolve the issue of him not having his house properly numbered. NI1 and a notice on the appropriate corresponding mailbox would have worked too. :>

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Better yet, drive up to the first house and show him the pkg and ask him if he knows this person and, if so, ask him which house it is and then go to that house and deliver it. I don't recall "put in DR bag and hang on RD mailbox" as one of the methods. You got lucky on this one but may not on the next, and $25/week for 32 weeks is an expensive lesson.

JustTired

free at last.......
I think he should have taken the time to go to each house and have them try on the shoes. If they fit....must be the right house.

Now that's a real Cinderella story!!!

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Still no notices on my door but they say they were here when I was home @ the hours listed in the tracking....now while I'm waiting for a postcard to contact UPS the postcard gets here the day after the sendback date:crying:

UPS says they can't do NOTHING once it's sent back to the SHIPPER!

I can't stand how people think we know where everybody lives in a multifamily residence. Even if a mailbox has a name, sometimes, there are 3 or 4 different doors around the house. If I was the driver, I would tag one of the doors and jump back in the truck. Obviously this happens all the time, so go down to the hardware store and pick up some numbers or stickers and put it on your door

Forty6and2

I'm Broken
my new saturday air route has people that live out in the desert on dirt roads. (the dirt roads also DO NOT have any sign poles as to help identify which road they are.) most of these homes are not numbered which makes absolutely no sense to me at all. why would someone actually choose to live like that (out on a dirt/unpaved road with no identifying numbers)? what if there were a fire or someone had an emergency? how will the fire truck/ambulance/police officer know which house they are going to? i'll be damnded if i will go around and knock on every door to figure out which address is which...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I would think that the firemen would simply drive toward the house with the smoke billowing out of the windows and the flames jumping off of the roof.

Seriously, you make an excellent point. Houses here are required to be numbered for that very reason, primarily for emergency personnel and secondarily for delivery and other personnel.

The problem we are having here is more and more people, including myself, are dropping their landline telephones and simply going with just a cell phone. Well, the cells don't always show their address when you call 911 so emergency personnel are working on educating the public to ensure that they provide an address if calling 911 on a cell. You may have also noticed that TV commercials for Vonage note that 911 calls made via Vonage do not work the same as those made on a landline.

rocket man

YOU should move or get a box at a ups store or get sig required and always be home so you get your package we will see you at the curb by.