Question about note left at door.

Coca Cola Delivery Man87

hello ,

I don't work for UPS.
However, I have a question about a note left at door for UPS delivery driver to leave a package at the door(I would not be home).

He left the package , but took the note.

What does UPS do with door notes left by package recipients?

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
hello ,

I don't work for UPS.
However, I have a question about a note left at door for UPS delivery driver to leave a package at the door(I would not be home).

He left the package , but took the note.

What does UPS do with door notes left by package recipients?
We take it for proof to leave the pkg , we still aren’t allowed to do this for sig req but occasional will....if something was wrong with your delivery don’t be a snitch and call UPS ...we know where you live

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
An "sdn" (signed delivery note) essentially reliquinshes our responsibility for the package. The note goes into a sdn file at the end of the day which then theoretically gets audited by a supervisor and stored for records. The customer has no chance for refund when they leave an sdn, but it ensures that regardless of the contents inside the pkg or where the delievery takes place, we'll leave it. Common at apartments where we are discouraged from leaving pkgs at the front door.
This has been another educational UPS moment with Netsua 3:16. Brought to you in part by our best friends at Amazon.
Amazon. Where you can get a box of toilet paper delivered as free next day air.

Coca Cola Delivery Man87

An "sdn" (signed delivery note) essentially reliquinshes our responsibility for the package. The note goes into a sdn file at the end of the day .

How long does the SDN stay on file? Its not a big deal , my items were delivered. i was just curious because I've left notes before and the delivery driver never took the note, they just left the package.

Thanks.

The Driver

I drive.
How long does the SDN stay on file?

forever.gif

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Op, are u talking about signed delivery notices or signed status door tags (FedEx)

Or just a plain piece of paper with the tracking number and your signature?

If it's the latter, it's based on the drivers discretion & if the delivery point is relatively safe from porch pirates since it's a gray area.

Direct or Adult signature, no friggin way unless they want to be fired if u report a missing package afterwards.

Nolimitz

Why would anyone give a turd? What a stupid question unless the OP is worried about a hand writing analysis in a murder trial. It's a piece of paper for Christ sake.

KoennenTiger

Op, are u talking about signed delivery notices or signed status door tags (FedEx)

Or just a plain piece of paper with the tracking number and your signature?

If it's the latter, it's based on the drivers discretion & if the delivery point is relatively safe from porch pirates since it's a gray area.

Direct or Adult signature, no friggin way unless they want to be fired if u report a missing package afterwards.

How would the driver even sheet the package in the last case? He'd have to forge a signature and yeah he'd be getting fired that day.

I did once put a package in a locker system before trying to release it and realizing it was signature required. I called my center manager over it at the locker system. He told me that I should not sheet the package and that he would sheet it for me.