Question about signed info notices..

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
You can get rid of the need signature and DR it by going big arrow up, move up to the address line than move over to the street name and push override then go big arrow done and you now can DR the package.

Two weeks ago a SUP showing me a new route showed me how to do it.

I wouldn't do it on the first delivery try for packages that say need signature on the label. But if I left a Info notice and someone sign it I would do it (depending on the location) and keep the info notice for a couple of weeks.

On some info notice they have signed in person on it I usually circle that. But people only see what they want. Do you think that supe will admit he showed you how to cheat?

The stop that say Need Signature and there is now need sigature on the label are for the people that have burned ups before saying they never got the package. I have a couple of those on my route. In those cases no signature in person no package gets left.

Or just get a signature or bring it back. Why the big fear of send agains?

ikoi62

You guys are crazy, why put your job at risk for a send again?
if you override or do any of the things that have been mentioned here to be able to leave the package, the only thing you will get is fired!
ask your supervisor if he will stand behind you when the package that was signature required turns up missing.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
Negative over here in Spokane for signed info notices. To many people still getting robbed. Doesn't matter if there is a signed info notice, if they get their package stolen even with a signed info notice, UPS will still get a claim.

Paid-over-in-Maine

15 more years of this!
I have suggested this before but here it is again. With a sig req pkg I fill out the info notice and take 2 extra seconds to cross out the signature line on the back. Many people don't stop to read exactly is required but is very obvious when they can't sign the info notice. It saves hassles. If my diad prompts sig req then that is what I get, on the diad. No SDN's.
I take a sharpie and cross out the sig. line on the back on a stack of dr notes.

Paid-over-in-Maine

15 more years of this!
Somthing else to consider- The company and/or the consignee have up to 1 year to file a claim or issue a driver FU on that pkg that you decided to DR instead of getting a signature for.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Somthing else to consider- The company and/or the consignee have up to 1 year to file a claim or issue a driver FU on that pkg that you decided to DR instead of getting a signature for.

One thing that bothers me is that these shippers issue a follow up too many times. So many times the package was delivered correctly but then 2 days later you get a follow-up for it. I think there should be a different way to do this instead of wasting my time.

One thing that bothers me is that these shippers issue a follow up too many times. So many times the package was delivered correctly but then 2 days later you get a follow-up for it. I think there should be a different way to do this instead of wasting my time.
IMHO. shippers that do this are fishing for anything they can find to file a claim. Years ago, before UPS stores, the first independent commercial (for the public) counters in our area filed tracers and claims on a certain % of everything they shipped. just hoping to find something they could file a claim on. They were also suspected of shipping empty boxes insured for a couple of grand and then filing a bogus claim for lost contents. This company no longer exists.

upsgrunt

UPS charges for everything else that is above and beyond- COD, oversize, overweight, sig. required. Why not charge for DFU investigations? It could be a great source for revenue. Maybe UPS could eat the charge if the problem was our mistake, but the petty DFU's would at least bring some revenue into the system.

NaiveRapture

Learning the system
UPS charges for everything else that is above and beyond- COD, oversize, overweight, sig. required. Why not charge for DFU investigations? It could be a great source for revenue. Maybe UPS could eat the charge if the problem was our mistake, but the petty DFU's would at least bring some revenue into the system.
This sounds like a great plan to me! DFU's are really a PITA. I wish they could somehow put them into our boards so I wouldn't forget them half the time. I also wish my calltags were always in my board, another thing that I forget sometimes when it's not in the board.

BigBrownSanta

This sounds like a great plan to me! DFU's are really a PITA. I wish they could somehow put them into our boards so I wouldn't forget them half the time. I also wish my calltags were always in my board, another thing that I forget sometimes when it's not in the board.

They can. We used to have DFU's put into our boards. For some reason or another, someone farther up the food chain sent down a directive that DFU's were not to be put into our boards. I don't know why. They wouldn't even allow us to have bar codes with the tracking numbers on them so that we wouldn't have to hand enter the tracking numbers.