Question about the identification criteria HALP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

drewed

Shankman
if thats the case..why on the ups career application theres an option to bring in your school id?..i have a social security and a school id..why isnt that enough?..but yes..i guess ill have to cancel the appointment..OR beg the HR to accept my school id as proof then let them know i will be recieveing my state id in about 2 weeks..hopefully he/she will understand my dilemma.

any HR's in here?..would you guys accept a school id and a social security card?

by the time i get my state id mailed to me..it would porbably be mid october already..which would be obviously too late..and im too slow for the driver helper position:sad-little:
University ID, most are reported to the state

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You will receive a temporary non-photo driver license, learner permit, or ID card when you apply.
You should receive your photo license, permit, or ID card through the mail within five weeks.

you tell me where it says i can acquire my actual state id card the same day and not in 2-5 weeks..i read what you posted already a awile ago..it clearly says you have to wait up to 5 weeks...tuesday (the interview) is in 3 days

DQ, I condensed it to make it a little easier for you. I even changed the color for you. The only way I could make it any easier is if I did it for you.
Go to the DMV on Monday with the proper paperwork and you will have your ID card the same day!!! You bring that ID card and your school ID card to your interview and you should be all set.

Barack Odrama

^^you are retarded...the temporary card isnt really a card i hear..its a sheet of paper that isnt even valid for identification

BrownSuit

Your Temp ID should be sufficient for the interview, just make sure that you have your school ID with you and be prepared to bring in your State ID when it comes in the mail.

In this day and age at this point in life you should already have a government issued ID. Let your friends know as well. This is a different time that we live in.

UPSNewbie

Down here in the OK, you go to the DMV, get you some ID papers from them, then you go to the tag agency to get your photo taken and they give you an ID as soon as it's done printing immediately after taking the picture.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Odrama, listen to Upstate. They take your picture and give you the actual ID on the spot. Works the same here in WI. My kids got them when they were 14 so traveling on planes was less of a hassle.

Barack Odrama

Odrama, listen to Upstate. They take your picture and give you the actual ID on the spot. Works the same here in WI. My kids got them when they were 14 so traveling on planes was less of a hassle.
im hoping both of you are right..because im hearing different things..i would call the dmv now buts its closed obviously..we'll just see on monday..wish me luck

tieguy

Banned
i donty even have enough documentation to even get a passport and getting a passport mailed to you will take months..i cant believe school id isnt considered good enough..i have an interview on the 30th..and all i would have is a temp state id paper my social security card and my school id..time isnt on my side

There is a government form your employer has to fill out and retain that verifies your eligibility to work in the us. This form called an I9 form requires a valid social security card and a photo ID. So yes a school ID could be used if it is a photo ID.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=91919c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

cino321

I live in NYC... whenever you go to the DMV it takes them up to two weeks to send you your ID... I just got my license renewed.

Barack Odrama

I live in NYC... whenever you go to the DMV it takes them up to two weeks to send you your ID... I just got my license renewed.

thats what i thought initially..well im just going to bring my high school id and my temp state id slip along with my social..the quicker i get this job, the better

drewed

Shankman
If youre going to work at an airport youll need a official copy of your birth certificate, state id, and ss card

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

cino, this kid just wants a photo ID. He can walk in to DMV and get a temporary the same day, provided he brings the proper paperwork.

He may not even need it--he should be fine with his SS card and school ID--but it wouldn't hurt to have it, not just for UPS but for whenever he is in a situation where he has to produce a photo ID.

Barack Odrama

cino, this kid just wants a photo ID. He can walk in to DMV and get a temporary the same day, provided he brings the proper paperwork.

He may not even need it--he should be fine with his SS card and school ID--but it wouldn't hurt to have it, not just for UPS but for whenever he is in a situation where he has to produce a photo ID.
whats wrong with you...the temporary doesnt have any validity..will the temp have my picture on it?.i apologize for calling you a :censored2:..but you are indeed stupid

Status
Not open for further replies.