Question about the identification criteria HALP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barack Odrama

Im still confused about the mv44, if youre of age why does you parent have to sign it?

As for the tutition.....evilleace has the idea, some colleges (if they know youre gonna get reimbursed) allow you to pay for your classes at the end of semester when you can just hand over the check. Management and pt hourlies both can use it the amounts they cover and the programs are set up a little different. Pt hourly the amount of schools are a little more limited but they have quite a bit

OOHHHH i just read another post, hourlies are also limited by their center whether or not they offer it

the mv 45(i thought it was 44) is a form for people under the age of 21..where their parent has to sign an affidavit in front of a dmv representative..and that parent or guardian has to show their id also..its basically an alternative for people who dont have enough acceptable proofs (like me) ..so all i would have to bring to the DMV is a birth certificate, a social security card and have my parent sign the mv 45 at the dmv location to equal the 6 points of proofs...

and i understand the tuition thing now..one question..what types of question do they ask in the interview after the tour?..i wantt o start practicing the way i would answer these said questions..im taking this job real seriously..and i want to be prepared

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
the mv 45(i thought it was 44) is a form for people under the age of 21..where their parent has to sign an affidavit in front of a dmv representative..and that parent or guardian has to show their id also..its basically an alternative for people who dont have enough acceptable proofs (like me) ..so all i would have to bring to the DMV is a birth certificate, a social security card and have my parent sign the mv 45 at the dmv location to equal the 6 points of proofs...

and i understand the tuition thing now..one question..what types of question do they ask in the interview after the tour?..i wantt o start practicing the way i would answer these said questions..im taking this job real seriously..and i want to be prepared

You sure do ask a lot of freaking questions. Aren't you from NYC? You're supposed to know all these things by now. I think you're really from "Upstate NY"!!!

drewed

Shankman
Youre over thinking it, think about the question, and answer it clearly. practicing is not the way to go youre going to fumble through it if you do.

Barack Odrama

You sure do ask a lot of freaking questions. Aren't you from NYC? You're supposed to know all these things by now. I think you're really from "Upstate NY"!!!
i apologize for asking a myriad of questions..i live in brooklyn NY, sir..this will be my very first job on the books..and im anticipating getting this job..i guess thats why im asking alot of questions..im kinda nervous..thanks for caring the least bit about my situation. i cant wait to join the UPS team and ultimatley become a manager someday

satellitedriver

i apologize for asking a myriad of questions..i live in brooklyn NY, sir..this will be my very first job on the books..and im anticipating getting this job..i guess thats why im asking alot of questions..im kinda nervous..thanks for caring the least bit about my situation. i cant wait to join the UPS team and ultimatley become a manager someday
You sound like good management material.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
dear bedrock

several things struck me as i pained through two pages of this thread.

1, you are old enough to apply for work at ups, and you dont have a valid state id like a drivers licence? why dont you have one. simple enough to get providing you are legally here.

2 you state that the economy of your state is in the toilet when it comes to jobs. and you have stated that you are not interested in a delivery position. well in that case might i suggest mcdonalds? the starting pay is better, more hours if you want them, easier work. only drawback is that you might need to learn another language to be able to function and follow instructions. and just think, if your skin color is light, you instantly become the minority at work. that could be another plus in helping you land and keep said job.

on to your rant about not jumping to conclusions and getting to 'know" someone by their posts on the internet. well jr, its like this. by your own admission, you said you were angry, not to pay attention to that part of you, hell its not really you, you are someone else that is kind and intelligent.

well prove it. hell you cant even prove to us who you really are. silly highschool id card. what, illegals that are in our highschool sucking in a free education dont have an id card just like yours? please!

and with all the help you have been offered to acheive what you state you want, and you wont do the work yourself? you want it handed to you on a silver platter?

i dont care how hard up ups is for employees, you would not make the short list with your demonstrations on how well you follow instructions and take direction.

d

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
and you know, while bringing in your library card, blockbuster id, and your little certificate from the second grade that said you were a great teachers helper might not be enough points. how about you bring your birth certificate.

yu know, that little worthless piece of paper they issue to your parents when you are born in the usa? everybodies got one, even most illegals these days. so why is that a problem???

now on to the last rant.

you have a serious issue with the failure to plan ahead. just like so many gen xyzers, you wait until the day after to try to plan for something that happened yesterday. and when you dont get what you want for lack of planning, you find ways to blame it on everyone else but yourself? and bite the hands that try to assist?

get a grip. grow up. get off baby food. get mommy and daddy down to the dmv to get you some legs, then use them. of course unless mommy and daddy would not be an asset for you at the dmv?

we have heard all the excuses as to why you cant. the real reason you cant is you dont want it bad enough. when you do, it will happen.

d

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
This guy/girl is baiting everyone with his/her sorry questions. Every thread has the same questions. My theory is that sadrock yomama is a BOT.

Barack Odrama

where did i say i dont want to work in delivery?..what you mean by delivery?...anyways..i dont know how it is where you live but in NYC kids here dont look to drive..because we have a very reliable transportation..from cabs to mta buses and trains...so you will not see kids going for their drivers licenses much over here and on top of that..i JUST recently turned 18 mid september on the 18th..now you might say "theres still no excuse"..how about the fact that ive been neglected by my parents my whole life..my mother basically left me to live with her boyfriend in queens..i was able to oly obtain my birth certificate..so from the ages 14 to 17 i was stuck with having nothing..i dont even have a cell phone..the SAME day i turned 18 i went and applied for a social security card..and went looking for jobs..so please dont sit here and type like you know me, sir unless you been through worse..i dotn want to hear your negativity..ive already apologized for my disrepectful behavior a couple pages ago..and i want you to quote me on where i said i dont want to do any work..ive been cleary saying that i can handle the labor the job is offering and im willing to do anything..i even stated that if i dont get the package handling job, i will go for the driver helper job...im sure my reaosn and your reason for having a job when u were 18 was different...im looking for a job so i can finally get my own cell phone and buy myself clothes and feed myself..i live with my grandmother in a apt building in brooklyn..and because of gentrification they are trying to kick us out to move in others who are willing to pay more for rent..i dont want to hear anything about things handed to me via a silver platter at all..because thats completely bullocks..i consider myself a strong black individual who has been struggling since the age of 14....i was supposed to start college in the fall but because my lack of funds and neglected family..i couldnt even get anyone to fill out financial aid papers..it wasnt until late july i forced my mother to finally do it for me..and by that time it was too late to enroll for the fall 08 semester...so danny..this is what i mean by judging someone by how they act/type on a forum..and i agree mt actions on here earlier on didnt help..but dont question my citizenship or anything unless you know whats going on

edit:..library card?..blockbuster card?..you are obviously displaying your ignorance..those are not sufficient proof in the NYC DMV..maybe in your city..and i dont want it bad enough?..if only you knew my good sir

and please dont think im trying to simply tell you a sob story..i was not intending on doing so..i dont want anyone to feel bad for me..im just stating the perks of my life..

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
steve

i believe i am doing quite well with one hand tied behind my back. but if you insist, we can tag team im!

interesting though. id's like a liberal, says he is voting for the best common sense candidate since regan, but yet wants everything handed to him instead of working his rear off to get there.

yep, sounds like someone is really mixed up as to who he really is. and unlike some of us older guys, he cant even look at his drivers licence to see who he is and where he lives.

Really messed up kid.

d

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
bedrock

excuse me if i dont start crying for you. life is a sitch, but you gotta pull yer pants up over your knees and make a life for yourself.

first, you have been to highschool, graduated, and never held a job? not even part time or on weekends? what he heck did you do with all that wasted time. I started working in the tomato fields when i was 7 for hienz picking tomatos during the summer. and in highschool, all four years i had part time jobs, and several part time during the summer. even when i got on at ups, i worked 5 days a week/ends at a pizza place, three days a week on a farm, and m-th at ups from 11pm to 830 am , hub, car wash, preload. all while a full time student at the college.

so you waste a lot of time.

2, damn, its america in 2008, and you dint even have your own cell phone. why? sounds to me like you should have not wasted so much of your life.

how about the fact that ive been neglected by my parents my whole life..my mother basically left me to live with her boyfriend in queens..i was able to oly obtain my birth certificate..so from the ages 14 to 17 i was stuck with having nothing..

3 at 18 you are a personal wreck cause your momma left you? at 14?????? in most cultures you are considered a young man at that age. fyi, 14-17 is not your whole life. so what she left. grow a set. you think you are the first? and its her fault that you never got a ss number? you poor helpless little child.

...im looking for a job so i can finally get my own cell phone and buy myself clothes and feed myself..i live with my grandmother in a apt building in brooklyn..and because of gentrification they are trying to kick us out to move in others who are willing to pay more for rent

4 your priorities are really screwed up. cell phone more important than food, clothes, or keeping your grandmother, who raised you, from being kicked out on the street, and bitching about having to move out because someone wants to move into your appartment that is willing to pay more rent? that is the american way. something that everybody wants goes up in price until the top price is reached. i am sure to them, that appartment is worth more than a silly cell, but not to you. after all, if it were that important, you could have worked 3-4 years ago to try and help out. but instead you were a id'less punk running the streets doing what?

....i was supposed to start college in the fall but because my lack of funds and neglected family..i couldnt even get anyone to fill out financial aid papers..it wasnt until late july i forced my mother to finally do it for me..

5 lemme see, you state you are black. really does not matter to most of this conversation, but when trying to get into school, i believe you have a greater lead on that than us lighter skinned folk. you even have access to funds that are restricted use for blacks. so there is no reason for you to not be able to get the funding needed to go to school. hell, where we come from, they have school counselors that help students that want to go. even those that are too stupid to go to college.

but wait, again its your mommas fault, cause she didnt come running to fill out those nasty complicated forms for you. what, and you had to force your mamma to do it? i bet that was a sight to behold. what, gun, knife, what did you use to force her to sign youup for school?

i bet she even has to wipe for you when you go potty still yet. i bet you sit there and cry until she or grandma come to clean you up. and you said you were 18?

folks, i am at a total loss for words. dont happen often.

bedrock, you need to be somewhere. dont believe ups is for you. safety regulations prohibit you bringin your momma to work, and your sups will care less about how pitiful your life is, much less offer to wipe for you. you have had time to change your life already. you failed to seize the oppertunity.

timing is everything. and you got none

d

Barack Odrama

lol...i actually feel bad for you..you need to get in touch with the real world society...i explained that my stupid mother left me when i was 14....so you saying i shouldve had a job while in high school?..we dont have farms out here man...you typing all of this as if its soo esy to do..you probably had BOTH your parents..i had ZERO..you will never understand anything unless you atcually been through it..you say i shouldve been had a phone?..how would i be able to get a phone in my name in my teens and pay it off if im using whatever money i get to feed myself?..lol..you need to get in touch with reality..will people on this forum cosign what you just typed?..what kind of world are you living in?..why are u trying to justify everything i said as if its all my fault..i had no control of anything..aww man...im not going to say anymore to you..you have obviously lived the perfect life..NOTHING YOU TYPED MADE ANY SENSE and you indeed lack any reason and common sense..you tellin me to grow some balls for my mother leaving me when i was 14?..cmon..its as if you are picking out all the negatives of my situation and leaving out the fact that im trying to play catch up and get my life together starting with getting hired at ups..and by reading your responses..you obviously cant read..your elitist attitude is pathetic

if anyone seriously agree with anything this guy has said..then its sad..a very sad world we live in..not everyone has the same opportunities as everyone else..danny is actin as if i didnt want to work when i was in high school..you are telling me on an internet forum that i am not trying hard enough..sometimes you dont get the results you want when you try hard..im sorry for not having the positive perks of life and tomatoe fields to pick to get cash....this guy comes off as a ignorant racist..who choses to belittle others because they are not like him..i came to this forum for questions and to hopefully to become a regular poster..i was reffered here by a upser..if this froum shares the same ideas as danny..then i obviously jave no business on this forum(not like anyone would care)..if i am judged by what i couldve done regardless of my situation then its obvious this forum is filled with simple minded individuals..idk why danny came out of left field with his ignorance and anger towards me..i have apologize for me actin a fool and getting mad and discrediting the users who tried to help me..but somehow theres this one gy who wants to pick on me because i dont live the way he did or worked the way he did..simpled minded individuals who has never had a real struggle wont understand..so i am not mad at you danny..if i live dlike you and was raised the way u probably were..i would be saying the same ignorant things u said here..

drewed

Shankman
Dannys point is life gave you a bad hand, at that point it was upto you pull yourself up by the boot straps you failed to do that. People come from harder lives than you, people deal with adversity everyday. You should be worried about helping your grandmother over getting a cell phone. UPSers as a culture are can do, lets get it done people, you dont seem like youd fit in very well.....

Why didnt you get emancipated? for student loans you dont need a parent to fill them out..... you have 2 things going for you that if you put forth half the effort you put into being a little :censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2: to eveyone in this group you would have known between being black and being abadoned by your parents you could have pretty much gotten a free ride.

Your statements are just as ignorant you have a lot to learn in this world hopefully you learn it the hard way because it doesnt look like the easy way is helping you very well

Barack Odrama

^i apologize drewed for doing the best i can do...at the end of the day..you wont know ..danny wont know or anyone else on this forum will know my situation..no one has lived it..so no one can pass judgment..i will stop using this forum..like i said..i only posted here for the questions..thats it..

drewed

Shankman
^i apologize drewed for doing the best i can do...at the end of the day..you wont know ..danny wont know or anyone else on this forum will know my situation..no one has lived it..so no one can pass judgment..i will stop using this forum..like i said..i only posted here for the questions..thats it..
dont apologize to me i dont want anything to do with it.
youre right none of have lived it, some of us have lived harder lives some of us easy.....the point is you havent done your best because you havent made an effort to rise above the adversity
people overcome amazing things, and we coulnt fault you if you tried and didnt do the poor me please help me blah blah blah bull:censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2:

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
dear bedrock

the real world society
yup, in your real world, everybody comes running when you wimper on the potty, cause you are too lazy, stupid, or otherwise self restricted from doing it yourself. in your real world, society owes you

i explained that my stupid mother left me when i was 14
stupid mother? really? i figure she was the smart one. gave you 14 years of her life to have an ungrate that still needs to have help getting off the potty. she didnt just leave, she ran as fast and hard as she could. bad enough having to raise kids without having a 18 year old that wont help himself, and blames her for his failures

....so you saying i shouldve had a job while in high school?
geez, reading was not a strong class for you in school was it? maybe this will help yes honey, i think you should have had a job in highshool. maybe if you would have got your lazy butt out of bed and got a job instead of running with the crowd, your momma would not have run?

..we dont have farms out here man
yup, thats your mammas fault too. but they do have stores, older people that need odd jobs done, and the list goes on and on. but then you were spending all that time on the potty chair........

had BOTH your parents
yup, i blame my mother and father for that one. funny though, we were still dirt poor. but we worked as a team to rise above it, not took pride in staying that way, and blaming everybody else for our failures

..i had ZERO
well there you have it folks. a good reason for not having a birth certificate, also claims of an immaculate conception. just like his hero

..you will never understand anything unless you atcually been through it..
fool. good thing that the people working in aids, cancer, diabetes etc dont have to have the problem to understand the first thing about it. do you really believe any of this dribble you are saying? o wait, you are right. i dont understand a 18 yearold that has to wait for mamma to get him off the potty

you say i shouldve been had a phone
nope, i agree, you dont need a phone. thats no, no phone. get it yet?

whatever money i get to feed myself
where you gettin money from without a job?

you need to get in touch with reality
not reality, just a nightmare you have built for yourself very unlike the real world

..will people on this forum cosign what you just typed?
no sweetie, i am a big boy. i can stand on my own two feet and wipe my own bottom (just using a different hand for now is all)

why are u trying to justify everything i said as if its all my fault..
first off, i am not trying to justify one thing you said, i think you are full of, what was that word, s-h-i-t-e. you just are running out of people to blame for your failure.

..what kind of world are you living in?..i had no control of anything..aww man...
well not one where there is an 18 year old that talks big but is full of bs. for sure not one where you dont have a job, no cell phone, and your grandma who is helping with your potty training getting ready to be thrown out on the street, when all the while you have a gym membership? hehehe what a scumbag

im not going to say anymore
would that we be that lucky

NOTHING YOU TYPED MADE ANY SENSE
well see to you it wouldnt. i learned at an early age if you make a mess, you will either clean it up or live to enjoy the consiquences. and you dont understand the concept of working for what you want. totally an alien idea. but then of course, for someone that did not have parents, and at 18 needs to have mommy and grandmommy wipe your bottom for you......maybe that is why you cant get an id, you are a real alien???

and you indeed lack any reason and common sense..
yup, your situation is all my fault. maybe if we hold hands and sing you a lulaby, would that make you feel better???

you tellin me to grow some balls for my mother leaving me when i was 14
yup, now you are getting the picture

..cmon..its as if you are picking out all the negatives of my situation
well post something positive that you have done, instead of your pipedream and all those nasty things your alien momma didnt do for you

and leaving out the fact that im trying to play catch up and get my life together starting with getting hired at ups
in my younger days, i would call what you looking for a pity $#@&. sorry, dont wanna play, you are not my type

you obviously cant read..your elitist attitude
not elitist, just self assured as to who i am. and that what i made of myself, i did without someone having to wipe my behind because i was too damn lazy.

now the real truth, you are either a troll, or a victim. as a troll, there is no helping you, as a victim, no, not any help there as long as you blame others for your current failures.

as for reading, i had to pay for every cent of my education. nobody gave a rats behind if i went or not, not any of the grants to pay for it. so i learned because i spent my own money. you didnt because you wanted to blame the whole world down to your mommy for your failures.

best

d

Barack Odrama

dont apologize to me i dont want anything to do with it.
youre right none of have lived it, some of us have lived harder lives some of us easy.....the point is you havent done your best because you havent made an effort to rise above the adversity
people overcome amazing things, and we coulnt fault you if you tried and didnt do the poor me please help me blah blah blah bull:censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2:
who are you to determine that i havent made an effort?..how can you determine that?..are you just guessing?..pathetic
i havent tried to get in touch with my guidance counselor on paying for school?..i havent went around the city looking for jobs?..i havent been sitting by the phone hoping for a employer to telephone me?..i didnt go to my mothers house in queens to fetch my birth certificate and "attempt" to get my passport from her?.i didnt try to go to the passport place to have it renewed and got tuned down because i didnt have enough proof?..i didnt go to the socail security offce ON my 18th birthday 2 weeks ago to finally get my social security card?..i didnt phone the DMV office asking them if i can have a state id with the meager amounts of proof i have available?..i didnt go to 3 different ups locations throughout the city to increase my chances on landing a package handler job?..im not trying to better my life and go live my life without parental guidance since i was 14?..none of this wouldve been mentioned if this danny mister didnt question it..im not here looking for sympathy or your opinions on my life..im here to have questions regarding ups answered..sure i not quite risen above the adversity..but i have made progress...but the blind and the ignorant wont care about progress..you guys dont have time for progress..everythings a quick fix huh?..

danny
im sure if i had a john mccain avatar you would be more sincere..i like how u broke down little parts of my post thus not even caring about what the main idea is..you just nitpick the parts u can explain huh?

drewed

Shankman
you brought your life story into this, leaving it for public judgement....
new york city is 350 sq miles, i seriously doubt you couldnt have found a job washing dishes in the thousands of resturuants there are.

Im going to stop here, your typing style and your verbage lends me to believe youre a troll and wasting my time.

so please do something right for once in your life follow your word and leave.
thanks

Barack Odrama

you brought your life story into this, leaving it for public judgement....
new york city is 350 sq miles, i seriously doubt you couldnt have found a job washing dishes in the thousands of resturuants there are.

Im going to stop here, your typing style and your verbage lends me to believe youre a troll and wasting my time.

so please do something right for once in your life follow your word and leave.

thanks
done.:whiteflag:

Status
Not open for further replies.