Question about vacation hours

AZChris

I don't know if they changed something in the new contract, but I just hit my 16th year anniversary date, and they only gave me 40 hours of vacation time?

Normally I get 160 hours?

Has this ever happened to anybody?

AZChris

You may have not worked enough hours to get your full vacation. That's the best guess that I have.

I suppose.Maybe it's a new contract issue.

I work with a guy who missed 9 months of work last year and he was still given 160 hours of vacation time.

His vacation checks were peanuts because they base the pay on how much you made during the year, but he still was able to take 5 weeks vacay.

But like I said, that was last year before the new contract kicked in.

I work with a guy who missed 9 months of work last year and he was still given 160 hours of vacation time.

His vacation checks were peanuts because they base the pay on how much you made during the year, but he still was able to take 5 weeks vacay.

I would call HR and let them check into for you. They could have made a mistake.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

What new contract kicked in last year?

clean hairy

Might be in the Master part of the contract, might be in the supplement.
156 reports each year are required to earn full vacation each year.
If less than 156 reports, then it goes on a sliding scale based number of reports as to how many weeks of vacation an employee gets the next year.

AZChris

Might be in the Master part of the contract, might be in the supplement.
156 reports each year are required to earn full vacation each year.
If less than 156 reports, then it goes on a sliding scale based number of reports as to how many weeks of vacation an employee gets the next year.

What's a "report"? The days you show up for work?

Re-Raise

Do vacation days this year count as reports? Seriously, I get 8 weeks of vacation and was off a couple of months on comp this year.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck

Since when is your vacation pay NOT your rate times vacation hours?

AZChris

Since when is your vacation pay NOT your rate times vacation hours?

That's the way they've always done it in Arizona.Option weeks are rate times vacay hours, but vacations hours are averaged against how many hours you worked per week during the year.

If you're a full time employee who only averaged something like 28-30 hours a week, that's what you'll get for your vacay week(s).Not the rate times vacay hours

Like I said, they only do rate times vacay hours for the option week.