QUESTION FOR ANY UPSers THAT KNOW EVERYTHING

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Cosmo1 is correct, I'm the wife of a driver..I don't work for UPS. I am also not dumb, so I will explain why I asked this so that those of you laughing at me for posting this don't think that I actually think UPS does have this sort of ability.

I posted this because I'm tired of arguing with my husband about UPS having the ability to basically use satellites to watch any moment in time, at any place--he says someone told him that a couple years ago. Any time he brings up this nonsense I tell him then why would the FBI or other law enforcement not be using this technology..to catch criminals/murderers/etc. He hasn't done anything wrong at work he is hoping to not get caught for doing...I just wanted to see if any of you all had ever heard this. I def understand and believe they would use any kind of available footage from nearby surveillance cameras..that makes sense and it's a technology used by many agencies, including the police. So I guess I will go rub it in his face now that I am right again!
Here is the deal. your husband is not insane to think he is being watched by gps satellites. He has a monitor on his butt, one on his door, one on his wheels, one on his brake, one on his speedo, and the chance of a supervisor following him around any time of any day watching that he follows his 10 point commentary, his 8 keys to lifting and lowering, his 5 keys to something....his 8 keys to safe backing. its insane, he is not.

clean hairy

Here is the deal. your husband is not insane to think he is being watched by gps satellites. He has a monitor on his butt, one on his door, one on his wheels, one on his brake, one on his speedo, and the chance of a supervisor following him around any time of any day watching that he follows his 10 point commentary, his 8 keys to lifting and lowering, his 5 keys to something....his 8 keys to safe backing. its insane, he is not.
Just how would a person know if he wears a speedo to work?
I would not think the company would get that up close and personal to attach a monitoring device to it!

UPSGUY72

Those who worry about being watched usually have something to Hide. No one is perfect the object is to work a safely as possible and not get hurt or into an accident...

norcalbrown

Those who worry about being watched usually have something to Hide. No one is perfect the object is to work a safely as possible and not get hurt or into an accident...
I think too many drivers are worried about what THEY, management, think about how the job is being performed. The numbers THEY worry about are nothing drivers need to worry about, as long as you do it to the best of your ability and safely. Hopefully, with a strong work ethic. Take the stress out, people. Have some pride, giterdone, and take it to the house. Simple.