Question for package handlers

Bmitch

Is it just me or are most of the managers at FDX ground real rude and demeaning? Earlier this night my manager was making some sarcastic comments because my light was on, I had been taking at least 500 pph all night. No help, nothing. ( load rate is usually 440+)That doesn't seem right to be angry at me and I just wanted to get some opinions from you guys. Thanks in advance!

CJinx

and probably a great way to get fired. :x

That being said, most sort managers are jerks. One of the many reasons I quickly got out of the box monkey grind and into QA; now I don't answer to him anymore, and I can wreck his inbound by scanning service failures.

Bmitch

How long did it take you to get that position? I was looking at facing but that would just be for the day sort. Not twilight.

Grounded

The thing that most PH don't see is the after the sort or behind the trucks kind of pressure the sort manager has. When I was a PH I just showed up and moved boxes, got a workout and went home for a nap, I didn't get yelled at unless I put a hazmat down the belt which only happened once. A senior manager will through metrics down to other managers and eventually to a sort manager. Once you get past PH the pressure is really dumped on to you, the sort manager was more than likely showed a metric from distric and his boss told him to fix it. It's tough to connect the metric to the people and the daily operations. Not saying you should be a jerk to your PH, I'm actually very nice to everyone I manage. But when it comes right down to it, sometimes the stress leaks out into your mood and your PH are the first to pick up on it.

CJinx

How long did it take you to get that position? I was looking at facing but that would just be for the day sort. Not twilight.
I was a PH for two years before I had a chance to work in the cage with a QA Clerk. Once a clerk position opened up; I was the best candidate for the job, already having the training and hands on experience for it. I've been doing it for a number of years now and I love it.

Grounded

Clerk jobs are pretty cool, you do a good job and you can see the difference on how many packages get out instead of filling up the cage. I love my clerk he's my go to guy.