Question for the community

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
Why do the moderators continually delete my signature file that is an accurate quote posted here?

Is this SOP?

Is this 'unbiased' forum editing accurate posts to suit some sort of political agenda? Do certain members have sway over the rest of the forum? What else is being altered?

[qoute=moreluck] I really suck as an accurate source of information. [/quote]

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
The moderators, delete what they think is inflammatory, derogative, or of no substance. You can whine, you can cry, you can protest. But when anything is deleted, you can examine why in your own mind. Sometimes we notify you, sometimes we don't. in this case, if you do not understand why, and continue to re apply that which has been deleted, you are being well I cant think of the correct word. Maybe Bratty? You are a guest here, act like one. Do not continue to go against the wishes of the mods, and the owner. There is no union, there is no appeal process. Except the above. Whine , cry, protest/repeat. Even though we do not have a union, we do have something called seniority rights, if only in our minds. Favoritism, well I don't know if you call it that, but you can if you would like. I deleted bubbleheads avatar, yet he reposts it. I deleted your sig lines, coz its not your words. In my mind, you cannot use someone elses word without permission. Could I be wrong, absolutely. Does it make a difference, probably not. A lot of what I do, and we do is subjective. All I can tell you is do not keep treading on this hamster wheel. The reason has been posted, I don't like it and neither did many. Feel free to rant and rave, in the end it is the internet. We collectively do not like attacks, and you are going to be number one soon, and that's not a good number one.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Roadrunner2012,
The only reason you were using that signature was just to harass another member. She told you she did not appreciate it, and you kept it up. If she didn't care, then that would have been another story. This has nothing to do with any political agenda of what the mods think or anything like that. I don't even know how the owner of this website thinks politically. What I do know is that this site was created so that people could post what they thought as long as they respected other members. You are free to post any opinion that you have, you just need to show some respect.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Yeah, I didn't bring the political agenda into it either. What does harassment have to do with political agenda. 2012 and others seem to think they can harass. No here, not now, not ever. Its a fun place until people try to make it their stomping grounds. Its not.

roadrunner2012

Troll
Just a few points...

I'm not twisting anyone's words. They are there for anyone to see. If what someone says is 'inflammatory, derogative, or of no substance', then the OP should be reprimanded, not the person who points out the inconsistencies.

As far as senoirity, I retired as a Union employee who earned my keep. Moreluck never worked a day for UPS. Her husband, being released from UPS, does not give her seniority. Double standards.

toonertoo: I feel as if you have threatened me. Repeating someone's words, in totality, without editing is not an attack. You should not be a mod, IMO, if you feel otherwise.

scratch: How can using what a person says, without editing, be harassing? Anything a person says should be sufficient evidence of what they believe. I did not make up words.

It is hard to respect someone when they spam the site with unsubstantiated stories plucked from the underbelly of the interweb. If moreluck was a UPS employee she would be told by her superiors to cease and desist, just like tieguy/upssup/lucifer(sp). If she continues to spout nonsensense , why shouldn't one be allowed to refute her distortions with facts?

It is not disrectful to quote actual statements in there entirety.

Own what you say. Or suppress those who don't agree with you, just like _____

True colors.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Refute my distortions with fact?????? ....... like when you say I'm a devout Catholic.......you made that up and I've corrected you in the past and you continue to spout that as fact. You don't even believe anythng when the truth is layed before you!!

If people are dissatisfied with my sources, they can post their own stories from their choice of sources. Heck, I used CNN and got put down for it.

There's no pleasing some people ever!!! I don't intend to try.
You're right.....I never worked at UPS....neither did the founder of this site!!

roadrunner2012

Troll
Then quit crying about what you said.
Moreluck said "I really suck as a credible source of information"

Were you lying then, or lying now?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Threatened you, good Lord. You have been told, you can use someones words, in a quote and refute what they say. Not in a sig line, to be on your each and every post without permission. Call it my rule, I feel it is wrong. I got a good one for you, why don't you start a poll and see if others feel as you do, that I should not be a mod. You will get laughed into oblivion, because I am fair, and I am caring, and your opinion of me, means little at least to me. I don't care how long you worked here, or there. You get the respect you give. How long ya been on here? LOL. A spouse is very involved in their spouses job, the family, the time, it all adds up as the same and their opinions are respected. Many many times we have had questions asked by spouses on here and they get the respect they deserve. It is disrespectful to steal peoples word. Start that poll Mr. Perfect. Ill step down immediately, if your feelings prevail.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
All sig lines are deleted, or only mine?

True colors
Discussion can be animated, which is fine, but we do not welcome personal attacks, on- or off-board. Derogatory, insulting, or belittling statements, directed at other members as well as direct or indirect personal attacks are not permitted on our forum.

It is fine to disagree with a different viewpoint, but please limit this to challenging the idea and not make your comments a personal challenge or make derogatory personal comments about individuals or their choices or circumstances, which disparage their ideas, opinions, their occupation or their personal situation. These examples are not exhaustive. Insulting or disparaging another member is a personal attack regardless of the manner in which it is done. These offensive comments are contrary to the spirit of legitimate, reasoned debate and damaging to the purpose of our community.

roadrunner2012

Troll
Discussion can be animated, which is fine, but we do not welcome personal attacks, on- or off-board. Derogatory, insulting, or belittling statements, directed at other members as well as direct or indirect personal attacks are not permitted on our forum.

It is fine to disagree with a different viewpoint, but please limit this to challenging the idea and not make your comments a personal challenge or make derogatory personal comments about individuals or their choices or circumstances, which disparage their ideas, opinions, their occupation or their personal situation. These examples are not exhaustive. Insulting or disparaging another member is a personal attack regardless of the manner in which it is done. These offensive comments are contrary to the spirit of legitimate, reasoned debate and damaging to the purpose of our community.

How is it offense to exactly quote someone, completely?

How is it not offensive to censor that exact quote?

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Really? Public discussions of staff decisions are not permitted on the public forum. If you have any concerns or questions about a staff decision, please take it up in private with a member of the site administration team.

wkmac

Road,

I'm going to answer your PM in this public forum. First, do I have the cajones? If I feel the need to fight my battles, yeah, I'll do it but it's for my battles and not yours. If I think Cheryl, the Mods or Moreluck is full of :censored2: I'll tell them so but I'll do it on my terms and not yours.

Do I have some sympathy for your cause in this case? I have the cajones in this public space to say yes I do. Moreluck makes her bed and then others makes sure she doesn't have to sleep in it.

However this is a battle you will not win as the odds are stacked against you. Proof is the pudding my friend. May not be fair but that is the way it is. Queen BlueHair can do no wrong, get over it and move on.

I may be sympathetic to your cause but don't PM me telling me I don't have cajones if I don't join your private war. Never saw you step up to the plate and defend my right to say some of the things I've said. Besides, I'm the guy who's in bed with Alex Jones according to you remember?

Unintended Consequences pal!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Lol, you've GOT to be joking. Roadrunmer is soliciting support for his cause????
OMG, lollollollollollol!!!!!

...and he never asked me?:wink2:

Whatever differences I have with moreluck, and there are many and they are substantial, are between her and I.

I think the signature line is harassment, pure and simple.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I dont see where a "QUOTE" from a person can be interpreted as "derrogatory", "insulting" and such. The person said it, memorialized it in print, and it should be allowed to be "quoted" OR NO QUOTES at all should be allowed.

But we know the reality of this problem.

The One Sided nature of the current events moderation.

Peace

TOS