Question for the more experienced couriers out there

SmithBarney

I don't think that's how the OT works. I'm a tues-sat employee, so if I come in on a Monday that is considered the 6th day worked and is all OT. The only way I would get OT on a saturday is if im already over 40 hours worked for the week (which I am a lot of the time anyways).

It's been stated above, but Monday is your day off, so make sure when you sign in on your PPAD that you are checking day-off. Saturday becomes your 6th day and you will/should be paid OT for the whole day. I used to be tu-sat not long ago, and this is how I was paid.

FYI if you haven't been paid correctly for the past few weeks, you need to get it corrected, they owe you money.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Saturday becomes your 6th day and you will/should be paid OT for the whole day. I used to be tu-sat not long ago, and this is how I was paid.

FYI if you haven't been paid correctly for the past few weeks, you need to get it corrected, they owe you money.

This is not true. Your day off is OT from the time you punch in, til you punch out. If one is T-S, Saturday is regular pay, unless they go over 8 then OT kicks in.

adhawk

Easy burn stops and roll freight every Monday take the letter gft it blame it on no training they are required to give one day training they will never ask you to come in again

SmithBarney

This is not true. Your day off is OT from the time you punch in, til you punch out. If one is T-S, Saturday is regular pay, unless they go over 8 then OT kicks in.

I guess I'll rephrase, if you are tu-sa and you work Monday(Forced as OP has) Monday is OT and SAT is 6th day worked. I've been paid this way many weeks..in the past when I was tu-sat. If I was paid wrong, oh well, but I'll take it. ;)

FedexCares

I guess I'll rephrase, if you are tu-sa and you work Monday(Forced as OP has) Monday is OT and SAT is 6th day worked. I've been paid this way many weeks..in the past when I was tu-sat. If I was paid wrong, oh well, but I'll take it. ;)
Yeah, this isn't how I'm currently being paid though. Saturday is considered a normal workday for me, even if its technically the "6th" day worked. Oh, and I was just told by a manager that even though we are hiring basically homeless people off the street as fast as we can, we are now currently down 63 people in the station. It just keeps getting better and better.

Nolimitz

The way it works here is for:
Reg 5/8 day folks you get paid 1 1/2 for working on you day off (Day 6)
Folks on 4/10's get 1 1/2 time for day 5 and 2x for day 6 in the same week.
I am 4/10 and have been paid this way several times. But no longer work any OT unless forced. forget day 6. it don't happen anymore.... 'cept peak

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Oh, and I was just told by a manager that even though we are hiring basically homeless people off the street as fast as we can, we are now currently down 63 people in the station. It just keeps getting better and better.
Real nice for a Fortune 500 company.
:holycowsmile:

overflowed

That manager shouldn't be one. It's unprofessional and wrong for he or she to talk to you like that. Is this what this company has come to? Cursing out its workers. I've personally never seen this behavior, but nothing surprises me anymore.

dezguy

That manager shouldn't be one. It's unprofessional and wrong for he or she to talk to you like that. Is this what this company has come to? Cursing out its workers. I've personally never seen this behavior, but nothing surprises me anymore.

Welcome to the new FedEx. Just recently, I saw the worst case of a manager threatening and intimidating an employee that I have ever saw anywhere I have ever worked. Pretty sad, we've gone from a company that employees could actually talk to their supervisors to a company where supervisors are making it uncomfortable, daily for employees to even go to work.