Question for you combo guys

Arch

When you become combo and say that you don't like one of the jobs, can you switch one of them using the prefer job procedure?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Combo jobs are created to fill a specific need and can only be changed by mgt.

On the flip side, how would you feel if you bid on a combo job because you liked both jobs only to have mgt change one or both of the jobs?

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Combo jobs are created to fill a specific need and can only be changed by mgt.

On the flip side, how would you feel if you bid on a combo job because you liked both jobs only to have mgt change one or both of the jobs?

It happened to me. What was supposed to be a porter/CC clerk bid turned into a preload/porter job. Management claimed all they did was change the start time. The ineffective BA we had at the time left me out to dry.

I couldn't prove it, but I think I was a bargaining chip in another deal.

Nope. I tried it and did not care for the shift or the first half of the day.

In hindsight I wish I would have stayed.

Shoulda, woulda, coulda.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
th

Babagounj

Strength through joy
My combo jobs were allows work as directed , I bid inside/inside for years but always found myself on the road all day .
Mostly because the center mgr ( mr. forgetful ) was too scared to put the people who actually bid on road combo jobs. He was under the impression that they would be accident prone .

Overpaid Union Thug

How do we get more 22.3s in our building? We have one but other buildings our size (extended center) have several or more. Our Porter is a contractor and we usually use part-time air drivers in the morning. That could be a 22.3. Some centers have people that work reload then wash cars after. We definitely need that. My truck has gone 6 months without being washed. Our PM Air position could also be combined with other work.

I doubt there's any hope of any of this happening. Our center is pretty much the red headed step child of the local.