Question, new to UPS

Southwestern

Nickfury7,
I'm glad you joined the forums -- feel free to ask questions. Please realize that in many buildings throughout the country the wait for part-time -> full-time has exceed 10-years seniority (including p/t sups wanting to become friend/t); thus, there is animosity toward those hired off-the-street. I side with those who feel that UPS should only consider moving P/T (including sups) when possible and when it's financially advantageous toward the company. But I digress :).

The contract enables UPS to hire one person off-the-street for every six insiders it moves into driving. As I discussed with you before, you may be an outside hire. You really need to contact HR and inquire if you're being hired off-the-street or as a part-timer. If the latter's true, then you're being B.S'.'d -- e.g. your seniority date will reflect your transition to FT, you will need to sign bid sheets, etc. If you're in an air hub that's comprised of non-Teamsters (many airport workers are IAM), you will still move into driving rather quickly. But it's best to stay in the air hub. You still need to inquire about your status -- management has been known to make frivolous promises.

Let us know what HR says.

Southwestern

They are seasoned drivers that work hard every day and 41 stops an hour would be not only impossible it would be bordering criminal to accomplish this.

In my building (again, three centers under one roof) during peak there are a handful of very heavy residential neighborhoods in which 40 SPORH is very doable without a helper. One route has a very massive trailer park and during the last week of peak, everybody in it got a Figis* package and the driver hit 50 SPORH one day.

*Figis and Land's End are predominately SurePost, but used Ground during the final week of peak.

rocket man

And my total miles for a day was average of 55 miles...and i had about 40 business stops and rest of them were residential. And when i first started when I went out with the supervisor he told me if you do 25 stops in an hour your good, if you do 30 your great. My first hour, he said I did 37 in an hour. So from the start I did good. But you dont have to believe me, I just came here to ask a question, didnt know I would get called a bser...
you screwed up im 3 post,s on this you are a sack of ? and so you are saying you went back to building did lunch then they sent you out keep dreaming they dont do that most of the year but a peak never im sorry i answerd you. troll or maybe you are playing a viedo game ups driver .

Nickfury7

I never said i went back to building..??? I said i would call my sup and let him know I was done, and he said take your lunch because if you dont your cheating yoursekd. And he said call him back when I was done lunch, and I would and he would have me go take about 30 stops off a guy that was near my route. I would do that, then he would tell me to do my pickups , and then bring it in.... Lol, I cant believe you guys think I am making this up... I must be really good, because you guys all are doubting it and dont believe it. Wow, I must of really did great!