question on catholicism

UPS Lifer

Nothing more intimidating than those black & white penguin habits they wore. Don't forget to arm them with rulers.:happy2: One nun locked my friend's brother in the closet all day. They can't do that nowadays.

Part of the school I went to was built back in the 1930's and had the old time cloak rooms. Some of the boys went in snickering and came out crying with their belts undone. Our nuns wacked them with the trousers down!! I scared me enough to never get in that much trouble! I had my hands hit with the ruler during piano lessons and decided that was enough lessons for me! Not a good way to promote learning the arts!!! Yeow!

Big Babooba

If we were late to class, we had to kneel in the hallway for 5 minutes. If we were late a second time, we had to kneel for 5 minutes with a Bible in each hand, held shoulder-high. Bare knees kneeling on tile floors quickly taught me the value of punctuality. :happy2:
Did you ever have to kneel on rice? I did once and 45 years later I remember it like it happened yesterday.:knockedout:

satellitedriver

Can we send some nuns to Gitmo ??
I nominate Sister Jonathon.
She could swing a mean cutoff mop handle.
She almost got me to confess to a crime I did not commit.
I stood erect as I could and just tried to concentrate on her mustache quiver as she screamed and swung.
At least she had the kindness not to hit me in the face.