Question to fellow preloaders

PTPeanuts

Do you ever just kind of give up on a truck half way through the shift?
It's like this for me every day.
I'm not saying I have the hardest pull in the building, 2 of my trucks are actually really easy.
But every day, the 3rd truck I have....
I don't know what the story is with this truck. I don't know if the managers hate the driver and are trying to get him to quit or something, but holy :censored2:.
Every day he has 100+ more packages than my other trucks, and he also has ALL the heavy/bulky stuff.
There literally isn't even room for all of it. I have to just start stacking it up in the walkway because all of the packages are so big and heavy. I can never do a good job on that truck and every day at the end it looks like those nightmare peak pictures you guys post. So I just kind of give up half way through and start throwing :censored2: everywhere.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
Sounds like good 9.5 money for the driver and a way to pin it on you. Do the best you can and dont throw misloads in and you should be good.

GenericUsername

Why not talk to the driver and see what's up with the truck? Maybe he can give you some insight on what would be helpful to him on how to load it so you can have some sort of plan each day how to load it?

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
I'm not saying I have the hardest pull in the building, 2 of my trucks are actually really easy.
I don't know what the story is with this truck. I don't know if the managers hate the driver and are trying to get him to quit or something, but holy :censored2:.
Every day he has 100+ more packages than my other trucks, and he also has ALL the heavy/bulky stuff.
There literally isn't even room for all of it. I have to just start stacking it up in the walkway because all of the packages are so big and heavy. I can never do a good job on that truck and every day at the end it looks like those nightmare peak pictures you guys post. So I just kind of give up half way through and start throwing :censored2: everywhere.
:censored2: you, I got 4 freight. But I do, and the three understand. They say it's BS I got a 4th truck, but only one driver helps wrap it up. (#4 swings, but not like Indecision does)

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Some trucks you cant go with the charts, you have to work with the driver and figure out a system

Jstpeachy

One of my trucks is kinda like that. All business route mostly with it being dr offices and vets etc so it’s more a bulk stop issue I have than oversized stuff though he gets that too. Might have 50+ pcs hin to the 6000 shelf then have 4 pcs on the 8000. Makes no sense to me. But I just do the best I can and try to point out anything that’s “out of place” when the driver comes in. *shrug*

I’ve had a few sets where trucks are completely floor to ceiling wall to wall... lol too much freak out with those so they usually send me back to my normal load set lol