question....

screamin chicken

In my center if I was to slow down they would use my records from before at 21, 22 SPH, I understand I get my 8 even though worked 6.5, but when they try to 05 me , and said no, my time went from 1.5 under to 1 hr over, this number game is crap....

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
I respectfully disagree. The OR will show the total plan, hours worked and the guarantee, if applicable. If your planned day is 7.5 and you work 7.0, you have scratched, even though you will be paid for 8.
I respectfully disagree. The OR will show the total plan, hours worked and the guarantee, if applicable. If your planned day is 7.5 and you work 7.0, you have scratched, even though you will be paid for 8.

Happens to me on a regular basis as I have had the same route for 10 years and can bring it in under 8 when I need/want to.

If I have an 8.5 hour plan day and I run it in 7.5 then I am 1 hour under. Thy then pay me .5 guarantee and my under becomes .5 rather than 1 hour.

You CAN NOT scratch if you are under dispatched and take your guarantee

The report will show exactly what you're saying but you are over allowed

MaceFremonti

Had a really down to earth center manager a few years back. He had worked his way up from delivery and really went out of his way to look out for his drivers. He pulled me his office one morning and said, "Look at what I can do now." He showed me a spreadsheet with all the time allowances for each area in our center. Piece allowance, stop allowance, etc....

"Now watch this."

He changed one of the numbers.

"Mr. Brown will now be under 8."

He looked at me and said, "Just a head's up..."

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
The numbers are spot on.
iraqui+info+minister.jpg

jaker

trolling
In my center if I was to slow down they would use my records from before at 21, 22 SPH, I understand I get my 8 even though worked 6.5, but when they try to 05 me , and said no, my time went from 1.5 under to 1 hr over, this number game is crap....
If you believe that then they got you , I used to be able to do 130 in 8hrs over the past 6 months it now takes me 10hrs to do 130

My sup tried that same speech and I told him my route is not the same everyday and my pieces have gone up , so if you would like to show me better then come for a ride along

Still no ride along

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
You could have two identical dispatches and your time allowances will be way different. I just check the funny papers to see if I am under the radar.
Exactly you know the numbers game and where you need to be to stay off the radar. Multiple ways to make your numbers look good on paper, just has to be legitimate. Do we care about the numbers and know the numbers are fake and not legit? Of course, but at same time if they want to play the game ill play it right with them. Play the game and stay off the radar or be a total peckerhead all the time and stay on the radar and these people make my life a living hell? Easy choice ill take PLAY HOLLYWOOD and cruise the next 13 years til the race is over lol.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Had a really down to earth center manager a few years back. He had worked his way up from delivery and really went out of his way to look out for his drivers. He pulled me his office one morning and said, "Look at what I can do now." He showed me a spreadsheet with all the time allowances for each area in our center. Piece allowance, stop allowance, etc....

"Now watch this."

He changed one of the numbers.

"Mr. Brown will now be under 8."

He looked at me and said, "Just a head's up..."
That statement right there proves what we all have been saying for years. The numbers aren't real their fake and they can do whatever they want with them. If they really like you they will change the numbers on your route and make you look like a superstar and move some of the work to a runner gunner. I went through the same thing right after this 8pm corporate curfew thing. Was going out with 125to 150 everyday and getting mad ot and was kicking them in the ding dong every night. Now all of a sudden I go out with 105 to 115 usually and the route plans out like a mother. But their not dishonest are they? Im not complaining 1 bit. Loving not being out all night now. So I guess its good to be on their good side sorta speak. Like I said before its all a game and you play it, to make your life easier.

screamin chicken

I just wish I had a good center like some of the one I read about here, I mean here they take main routes and turn them into under 8 (just under) and give the junior drivers a 05, they claim this is to take off other routes to even every route.

Bottom rung

I just wish I had a good center like some of the one I read about here, I mean here they take main routes and turn them into under 8 (just under) and give the junior drivers a 05, they claim this is to take off other routes to even every route.
It would appear they do that to not have to pay eight hours to the Jr. Guy who's in the bottom ten percent. They know if they give you 7.5 you'll have it done in six and they take the rest to the bank. Just my rambling thoughts.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You're complaining about not having enough work?

What would a "good" center be?

By The Book

if a 25 yr vet is new....
The real question is how long have you enjoyed that fat bonus? Now it's shrinking and you are complaining? I say you had a big bonus for however long so don't complain, there are skill routes that don't get bonus. You're probably just looking for an explanation as to why, mine is good luck with that.