Question

bitter to the bone

I have a question just out of curiosity. There were two of my coworkers that got into an argument a few days back. One of the workers was a black male and the other worker was a white female. During the argument the female worker used several racial slurs against the black worker. As a result she was fired.
My question is what are the chances of an employee getting their job back if they do use offensive racial language towards another worker? Especially now since UPS has instituted the zero tolerance policy.
Everyone at my building is just trying to figure out how this will all end. I wasn't involved in the incident in any way shape or form, I am just truthfully asking how this would be handled. I am not one to use racial language at work or truthfully anywhere. I am just asking more for knowledge

PT Car Washer

I have a question just out of curiosity. There were two of my coworkers that got into an argument a few days back. One of the workers was a black male and the other worker was a white female. During the argument the female worker used several racial slurs against the black worker. As a result she was fired.
My question is what are the chances of an employee getting their job back if they do use offensive racial language towards another worker? Especially now since UPS has instituted the zero tolerance policy.
Everyone at my building is just trying to figure out how this will all end. I wasn't involved in the incident in any way shape or form, I am just truthfully asking how this would be handled. I am not one to use racial language at work or truthfully anywhere. I am just asking more for knowledge
Zero tolerance policy means just that. Tell her to get a withdraw card from the Union.

floridays

What was the "racial slur"?

Gabba

It's a vicious cycle
she ain't coming back. firing vocal racists is the easiest way to affirm that your company isn't racist, and not firing vocal racists is the easiest way to demonstrate that your company is racist. UPS doesn't want a reputation of racism. frankly it's a little perplexing that you even have to ask this. have you been in a coma for the past 30 years?

Johney

We had a sup one time tell a young black kid he was a lazy n***** and he still works for the company. Different building(I think for his safety). It was actually on our local news, guys picketed the building over it. Guy was a wack job. Anything can happen.

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
Better not get their job back.

542thruNthru

We just had a guy lose his job because of unprovoked verbal assault

john chesney

I know how it’s going to end. If anyone heard her and wrote statements she is gone permanently. She will go to the panel and lose

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
What was the "racial slur"?
She allegedly used the word "pusillanimous" after he rebuffed her amorous suggestions. Something about "Tinder-ing her cream :censored2: all over his coffee"? Whatever that means?

Last edited: