Question

qdg2

This is what I was going to ask.

If you can't find a witness, you can't prove anything. Worst case scenario, getting read the professional code of conduct.
I'm not so sure.

Around here......they fire first.

And let's say it happens again.... what will happen?

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
I'm not so sure.

Around here......they fire first.

And let's say it happens again.... what will happen?
I don't think I've ever seen it happen twice with no witnesses.

But if I were in the office with the person who supposedly said those things, I'd want to see some sort of proof other than a random persons' say so.

Otherwise, why wouldn't supervisors just employ the same trick to get rid of their "problem" people?
Just repeatedly accuse the employee of something with no evidence.

And I think you'd have to be privy to more information to be in a position to say what happens at your center. It's easy for the guys at the ice machine to all have an opinion on what happened in the office during the termination, but the thing is, none of them actually know what happened, except for the people IN the office.

takesteady

But if I were in the office with the person who supposedly said those things, I'd want to see some sort of proof other than a random persons' say so.

Otherwise, why wouldn't supervisors just employ the same trick to get rid of their "problem" people?

And I think you'd have to be privy to more information to be in a position to say what happens at your center. It's easy for the guys at the ice machine to all have an opinion on what happened in the office during the termination, but the thing is, none of them actually know what happened, except for the people IN the office.
In my experience, these types of public outbursts and work place conflicts usually take place in full view of the rest of the work area. I wouldn’t be surprised if there were multiple witnesses.

qdg2

Interesting....

So, how do you explain mgt accusing drivers or any other employee "laying down on them"?

Stealing time etc.

Here, folks are terminated...then reinstated without back pay. Accused of this and that.

The result is the employee losing thousands $. This happens quite regularly.

I think this technique(trick) is employed by mgt.

BTW, here we have racial components alleged quite frequently. Openly accusing other folks that just about anything is racially motivated. The term "racist" is quite casually applied....."It's because I'm(insert race).....". I have heard this many, many times. Openly for all to hear.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Interesting....

So, how do you explain mgt accusing drivers or any other employee "laying down on them"?

Stealing time etc.

Here, folks are terminated...then reinstated without back pay. Accused of this and that.

The result is the employee losing thousands $. This happens quite regularly.

I think this technique(trick) is employed by mgt.

BTW, here we have racial components alleged quite frequently. Openly accusing other folks that just about anything is racially motivated. The term "racist" is quite casually applied....."It's because I'm(insert race).....". I have heard this many, many times. Openly for all to hear.
Management accuses all the time.

And it doesn't stick. Which is my point. Without evidence, it doesn't go anywhere.

BS on them firing people for production and not paying back pay.

You sir, don't know what you are talking about. Unless you were present for the local levels, the terminations, and the panel, you don't know what happened. It's all just gossip.

qdg2

Management accuses all the time.

And it doesn't stick. Which is my point. Without evidence, it doesn't go anywhere.

BS on them firing people for production and not paying back pay.

You sir, don't know what you are talking about. Unless you were present for the local levels, the terminations, and the panel, you don't know what happened. It's all just gossip.
Note: I never said "for production".

Note: I said "accusing".

You really need to read carefully.

Say, how do you know what I'm talking about? Exactly....?

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

We had a driver use a slur. It wasn’t directed at anyone and wasn’t used in anger, just locker room talk. A minority on road overheard it and he was walked out the next day. He ended up getting a 30 day suspension and got his job back. I believe there was a personal apology given and a talk mediated in the office between the shop steward and center manager. Should consider himself lucky, the on road was cool about it and didn’t want a family getting destroyed.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
We had a driver use a slur. It wasn’t directed at anyone and wasn’t used in anger, just locker room talk. A minority on road overheard it and he was walked out the next day. He ended up getting a 30 day suspension and got his job back. I believe there was a personal apology given and a talk mediated in the office between the shop steward and center manager. Should consider himself lucky, the on road was cool about it and didn’t want a family getting destroyed.
30 days no pay can destroy a family living paycheck to paycheck.

qdg2

Yeah....cool about it.
30 days no pay can destroy a family living paycheck to paycheck.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I have a question just out of curiosity. There were two of my coworkers that got into an argument a few days back. One of the workers was a black male and the other worker was a white female. During the argument the female worker used several racial slurs against the black worker. As a result she was fired.
My question is what are the chances of an employee getting their job back if they do use offensive racial language towards another worker? Especially now since UPS has instituted the zero tolerance policy.
Everyone at my building is just trying to figure out how this will all end. I wasn't involved in the incident in any way shape or form, I am just truthfully asking how this would be handled. I am not one to use racial language at work or truthfully anywhere. I am just asking more for knowledge

Come on now we know this is you
Why ya gotta be a racist anyway

HavenoEDD

I have a question just out of curiosity. There were two of my coworkers that got into an argument a few days back. One of the workers was a black male and the other worker was a white female. During the argument the female worker used several racial slurs against the black worker. As a result she was fired.
My question is what are the chances of an employee getting their job back if they do use offensive racial language towards another worker? Especially now since UPS has instituted the zero tolerance policy.
Everyone at my building is just trying to figure out how this will all end. I wasn't involved in the incident in any way shape or form, I am just truthfully asking how this would be handled. I am not one to use racial language at work or truthfully anywhere. I am just asking more for knowledge
Big problem with the new age is that everyone wants to be friends and that in itself brings politics, cliques and BS. all good when everyone’s all good but once things start changing people start running their mouths, take chances and get themselves in trouble.
Be careful of the guys and gals who have management on their social media…I’ll never understand that 💩 and they wonder why we stay away from them.
At your PCM pay attention to the crowd..there’s plenty of them that seem salty, quiet or miserable…they or their buddies have learned the hard way at some point with this company. The youngsters will feel that way soon enough after a few warning letters, injuries or “avoidable” accidents.
Experience teaches you to show up, do the job and don’t take it home with you. This politics and name calling doesn’t happen if people don’t know your business.