Questionable shop stewart

Returntosender

I think some exercise discretion. Some tell me no violation!

When I complained about how come this guy comes after me and leaves before me. Company guarantees 3.5 hrs and they choose the start times for employees. If the employee made 3.5 and they send him home where is violation against you? Am I upset cause I finish up his work? If I want more hours they have to provide me with work they did so no violation

MarvelousMunata

The Scapegoat With Attitude
You can tell which stewards are brown nosing only sticking up for themselves scum and which ones dont give a :censored2: what management thinks. Theres one guy I know for a fact will have your back. And there's a chick that is fake as all hell. I dont trust her for :censored2:. Not even to spot me out.
I think some exercise discretion. Some tell me no violation!

When I complained about how come this guy comes after me and leaves before me. Company guarantees 3.5 hrs and they choose the start times for employees. If the employee made 3.5 and they send him home where is violation against you? Am I upset cause I finish up his work? If I want more hours they have to provide me with work they did so no violation
In that particular case if its for pt, they arent actually supossed to send him home after he gets his 3.5hrs. Thats just the minimum ur guaranteed. If theres work to be done, especially if its his assigned work area, then they are supossed to keep him until its finished.
Or that was my understanding of it. Also a steward did confirm this but with more info in regards to what the contract specifically says about that

Returntosender

In that particular case if its for pt, they arent actually supossed to send him home after he gets his 3.5hrs. Thats just the minimum ur guaranteed. If theres work to be done, especially if its his assigned work area, then they are supossed to keep him until its finished.
Or that was my understanding of it. Also a steward did confirm this but with more info in regards to what the contract specifically says about that
Their is lots of illegal/unethical stuff here. It’s hours and numbers. They hide me and 6 other employees production numbers. After our coded break time we’re coded as feeder and car wash department but were still preload not on break. We are not on actual break at the time shown in the system. Any work done after our break time makes preload numbers look better. The guy I complain about it i finish his work then do post sort.

We take our break after the PC leave.

The steward says we can’t tell them how to run the business. If I want more hours I should play the work as directed game. If they get caught and investigation is started you are working as directed.

8000Shelf

True.....but if someone is caught cheating it would be a short retaliation argument.....do you feel that someone is being retaliated against if they get caught signing for packages,stealing time or falsifying nda?
I agree but it's still retaliation. A good steward and BA should be able to prove it with past records and records of other employees doing the same things

dudebro

Define "retaliation". If you file a 9.5 grievance and the sup observes you to see why you're over 9.5 and notices that you're not wearing your seat belt, you can be disciplined for the seat belt. That's not retaliation. I'm sure there are other employees that have been disciplined for that issue in the past.

You would have to document specifically that this violation occurs, and the sup let's it slide, until the sup catches you doing it, only after a grievance. Good luck. Moreover, if the sup in question initiates a lot of discipline, then they're just sups doing their jobs, and the fact that you came up was a coincidence.

Of course, you can just yell "retaliation" anytime you want.

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

Define "retaliation". If you file a 9.5 grievance and the sup observes you to see why you're over 9.5 and notices that you're not wearing your seat belt, you can be disciplined for the seat belt. That's not retaliation. I'm sure there are other employees that have been disciplined for that issue in the past.

You would have to document specifically that this violation occurs, and the sup let's it slide, until the sup catches you doing it, only after a grievance. Good luck. Moreover, if the sup in question initiates a lot of discipline, then they're just sups doing their jobs, and the fact that you came up was a coincidence.

That’s the point I was trying to make to 8000.....although the sup may have been retaliating it is very difficult to prove unless the sups says I disciplined because of the grievance

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

I agree but it's still retaliation. A good steward and BA should be able to prove it with past records and records of other employees doing the same things
How are you going to prove that other members didn’t get disciplined without going to management and telling them this guy did the same thing as me and you didn’t discipline him.....at that point management will say thank you I didn’t notice he did that and discipline that member......then your known as a rat

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
How are you going to prove that other members didn’t get disciplined without going to management and telling them this guy did the same thing as me and you didn’t discipline him.....at that point management will say thank you I didn’t notice he did that and discipline that member......then your known as a rat
just say thank you and move on

F

Frankie's Friend

Now it's a seatbelt issue?
Heck, if he didnt wear his seatbelt he may be under 9.5.

Or dead. Whichever comes first.

F

Frankie's Friend

Typical symptom of weakness, laziness, collusion, or just disregard for what the employee is saying.

What we do is the business.
SMH

Last edited by a moderator:

MarvelousMunata

The Scapegoat With Attitude
Their is lots of illegal/unethical stuff here. It’s hours and numbers. They hide me and 6 other employees production numbers. After our coded break time we’re coded as feeder and car wash department but were still preload not on break. We are not on actual break at the time shown in the system. Any work done after our break time makes preload numbers look better. The guy I complain about it i finish his work then do post sort.

The steward says we can’t tell them how to run the business. If I want more hours I should play the work as directed game. If they get caught and investigation is started you are working as directed.
They will get caught and be investigated. It always happens.

ManInBrown

BS. He either makes backroom deals with the center manager, or he only wants to file for the drivers who are his boys. Do not listen to him. Go around him. Next time the boys from the hall are at your building, talk to one of them. He’s feeding you a crock of sheet

WTFm8

Call the 1800 number and report the falsification of records/classification hours.

It helps management short-term but screws EVERYBODY long-term.

On the books it looks like you can get a certain PPH done with a lower number of employees... but supervisors are doing bargaining unit work. Then on top of that, management/supervisors are directing employees to work on ‘borrowed time’ from other classifications that are getting cut because the building is running out of the allotted building time.

The ONLY reason this flies is because people aren’t filing on it (or anything really) or calling the 800 number.