Questions about a red light camera

I was driving last night and the light turned yellow at a strange point and I wouldn't have been able to stop (I'm in a 5 ton/straight truck) I figured the safest thing to do would be to get clear of the intersection rather than risk stopping in it. Right as I was about to cross the line the light turned red and I saw bright flashes which I now realize were probably a red light camera. I'm going to tell my supervisor on Monday. Where I live a red light camera doesn't count towards my license (Thankfully) but I'm more curious to know if this is a big deal? I can pay the fine, and I don't make habit of rolling stops or breaking road rules. I've never even been pulled over by the police in a car or at work. I figured getting clear of the intersection was the safest course of action. I started in October so my 90 working days are up next week.

Last edited:

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
6D5FE6E7-8B43-4C75-A2DB-E02FFDD4FD6F.jpeg
I was driving last night and the light turned yellow at a strange point and I wouldn't have been able to stop (I'm in a 5 tonne/straight truck) I figured the safest thing to do would be to get clear of the intersection rather than risk stopping in it. Right as I was about to cross the line the light turned red and I saw bright flashes which I now realize were probably a red light camera. I'm going to tell my supervisor on Monday. Where I live a red light camera doesn't count towards my license (Thankfully) but I'm more curious to know if this is a big deal? I can pay the fine, and I don't make habit of rolling stops or breaking road rules. I've never even been pulled over by the police in a car or at work
. I figured getting clear of the intersection was the safest course of action. I started in October so my 90 working days are up next week. (I drive in Canada so that might change a few things)

Dudley will be along shortly to take your statement

El Correcto

god is dead
I was driving last night and the light turned yellow at a strange point and I wouldn't have been able to stop (I'm in a 5 tonne/straight truck) I figured the safest thing to do would be to get clear of the intersection rather than risk stopping in it. Right as I was about to cross the line the light turned red and I saw bright flashes which I now realize were probably a red light camera. I'm going to tell my supervisor on Monday. Where I live a red light camera doesn't count towards my license (Thankfully) but I'm more curious to know if this is a big deal? I can pay the fine, and I don't make habit of rolling stops or breaking road rules. I've never even been pulled over by the police in a car or at work. I figured getting clear of the intersection was the safest course of action. I started in October so my 90 working days are up next week. (I drive in Canada so that might change a few things)
No don’t tell them, act surprised.

Then tell them you always set a point of decision for stale green lights and you had passed it, honest mistake and you took the safest course.

Indecisi0n

I was driving last night and the light turned yellow at a strange point and I wouldn't have been able to stop (I'm in a 5 tonne/straight truck) I figured the safest thing to do would be to get clear of the intersection rather than risk stopping in it. Right as I was about to cross the line the light turned red and I saw bright flashes which I now realize were probably a red light camera. I'm going to tell my supervisor on Monday. Where I live a red light camera doesn't count towards my license (Thankfully) but I'm more curious to know if this is a big deal? I can pay the fine, and I don't make habit of rolling stops or breaking road rules. I've never even been pulled over by the police in a car or at work. I figured getting clear of the intersection was the safest course of action. I started in October so my 90 working days are up next week. (I drive in Canada so that might change a few things)
It's funny how you are already admitting guilt. Never ever provide them with more information than needed . You bringing this up just gives them more reason to use it against you . Don't say anything until they do . When they do just explain you had your point of decision at the stake green light, you reached that point when it turned yellow and processed as the methods allow . Nothing more needs to be said. You never saw any flashing light . Got it ?

Indecisi0n

No don’t tell them, act surprised.

Then tell them you always set a point of decision for stale green lights and you had passed it, honest mistake and you took the safest course.
Bro don't try and steal my thunder here . There's only room for one queen on these boards .

TheDick

If you get mail, make sure to contest it in court. In my neck of the woods the big corporation that admin the cameras can change the timing to provoke more revenue from your wallet. Theve been turned off in my small city.

If you get mail, make sure to contest it in court. In my neck of the woods the big corporation that admin the cameras can change the timing to provoke more revenue from your wallet. Theve been turned off in my small city.
That won't do any good here. The cameras are run by the municipality.

Box Ox

Where I live a red light camera doesn't count towards my license (Thankfully) but I'm more curious to know if this is a big deal?

It doesn’t count in most places because those camera systems are often innacurate in their timing and identification.

I’d say don’t worry too much about it. If asked what happened, say you did as trained and the camera was in the wrong when it got you.

It doesn’t count in most places because those camera systems are often innacurate in their timing and identification.

I’d say don’t worry too much about it. If asked what happened, say you did as trained and the camera was in the wrong when it got you.
Thanks. If I was in a package car it would have been no problem. But my truck weighs over 20'000 lbs. It was a rental too which are heavier than our company trucks. They don't stop as swiftly.

govols019

You smell that?
Thanks. If I was in a package car it would have been no problem. But my truck weighs over 20'000 lbs. It was a rental too which are heavier than our company trucks. They don't stop as swiftly.

The rental company will get the ticket and then forward it to UPS...had that happen to a guy here.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I was driving last night and the light turned yellow at a strange point and I wouldn't have been able to stop (I'm in a 5 ton/straight truck) I figured the safest thing to do would be to get clear of the intersection rather than risk stopping in it. Right as I was about to cross the line the light turned red and I saw bright flashes which I now realize were probably a red light camera. I'm going to tell my supervisor on Monday. Where I live a red light camera doesn't count towards my license (Thankfully) but I'm more curious to know if this is a big deal? I can pay the fine, and I don't make habit of rolling stops or breaking road rules. I've never even been pulled over by the police in a car or at work. I figured getting clear of the intersection was the safest course of action. I started in October so my 90 working days are up next week.
Do you know for a fact those flashes were from a traffic camera or is it possible it was something else?

Integrity

Binge Poster
I'm not 100% certain but that's the most reasonable explanation. There was also a car on my tail so it could have been him.
IMO
If you don't know for a fact then there is nothing currently to report.

I would just give the training about a stale green light and selection point if questioned and answer honestly if questioned.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
If the ticket isn’t in your hand ,, show or tell them nothing !!!!
Fill out your r m v form for the year today !!! On UPSers. Com. No on everything , as far as you know , there wasn’t a Camera.