Questions about management

Jmogunner

Since my warehouse(like most if not all), have 2 sides of unload, my supervisor threatens anyone that doesn't bow down to her, will be moved to the other side of unload. Out of curiosity, can this happen permanently without acceptance of the person being moved?

She also threatens to move people to other departments (outbounds) permanently. Again can this happen without agreement?

She has already told everyone on my side that senority does not matter to her and grievances do not affect her. I talked to my shop steward but he seemed to know nothing and provide little insight.

Final question, does senority matter only by year to year basis or does it matter month to month day to day? For ex, the five people on my side all started a month apart from one another.

Thank you gents

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
yes she can move you unless you are on a bid position so...................file article 37 harassment grievances every time you feel you are being harassed and if she touches a package file Supe Working grievances and get paid. Part Time supes are the absolute Bottom Of the Barrel at UPS,and when you get one with an attitude like hers you can have alot of fun with her.

Ask her how much she pays for her insurance,tell her how she will never get a pension unlike the hourlies,Tell her in 5 years she will still be in her position and you will be driving and making WAY more money. If you file supe working and get paid WAVE that check around and thank her for buying the GOOD beer.

If your steward isnt any help call your Business Agent amd start oing to your monthly Union Meetings. If you can get ALL of your friends and co workers to file on her they will move her

Last edited:

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
Since my warehouse(like most if not all), have 2 sides of unload, my supervisor threatens anyone that doesn't bow down to her, will be moved to the other side of unload. Out of curiosity, can this happen permanently without acceptance of the person being moved?

She also threatens to move people to other departments (outbounds) permanently. Again can this happen without agreement?

She has already told everyone on my side that senority does not matter to her and grievances do not affect her. I talked to my shop steward but he seemed to know nothing and provide little insight.

Final question, does senority matter only by year to year basis or does it matter month to month day to day? For ex, the five people on my side all started a month apart from one another.

Thank you gents
She sounds pretty mean and scawwwy

BigGuy2732

Surprised this post has been live for 3 hours and not one person has derided for you for calling the building a warehouse and then given you a four sentence mini paragraph over the difference and how in a warehouse you make things and we don’t so etc

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member

Thank you gents
So as a part timer, you have "preferred jobs", not bid spots.

So you should be able to bid on a job, (unload, preload, sort aisle, etc...) but not the specific location within that job.

Seniority depends on when the hiring happened.

So if you all were hired in the seasonal period, then you'll all have ended up with the same seniority date. My local goes by last names alphabetically when this happens. So if you all were hired during the summer, or peak, you'll all have the same seniority date.

Grievances do affect supervisors.

tourists24

Surprised this post has been live for 3 hours and not one person has derided for you for calling the building a warehouse and then given you a four sentence mini paragraph over the difference and how in a warehouse you make things and we don’t so etc
Don't worry. We've sent this thread to his/her supervisor. She'll give em appropriate discipline;)

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
Punctuation helps.

542thruNthru

Thank you gents
I'm a little curious. What's the big deal? It's still unload right? What makes it so different.

Though I will say if a manager threatened to send me somewhere I'd didn't want to go I say "cool send me"

Then I'd work as safely and by the methods as possible. So much so that they'd never want to send me back there again after a few weeks. :)

PT 4 Life

Most-Hated Member
You work as directed and file. As far I know stuff like seniority only matters when they cut. Area seniority seems to be a myth. Is this the lead supervisor?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Thank you gents
The building you work in is not a warehouse ups “warehouses” nothing

Have a good day

Jmogunner

I'm a little curious. What's the big deal? It's still unload right? What makes it so different.

Though I will say if a manager threatened to send me somewhere I'd didn't want to go I say "cool send me"

Then I'd work as safely and by the methods as possible. So much so that they'd never want to send me back there again after a few weeks. :)
Not worried just curious. But she talks about it all the time it had me curious.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I was busy
It’s been taken care of