Questions about Taxes..

browniehound

I just became an employee of UPS. today was my second day. I am working for the air hub at an airport. I am making 8.50/hour. My schedule is 6am-11am. Tuesday - Saturday.

In the two training days we haven't discussed payroll or anything. About how much taxes would I get taken off my paycheck each week. Lets assume I work the full 5 hour shifts and I don't get out early.. that's about 220/week. Out of the 220 how much do I keep.

I am asking this because I know UPS is with a Union and I never worked with a Union before, I do not know if there are extra charges that apply or what happens.

Thanks,

:greedy:New Employee:greedy:

Hey Head,
Welcome to UPS and the browncafe forum.

To answer your question I would need to be a tax attorney in your state. :greedy: There are just too many factors to figure in to give you an honest answer myself.

I will tell you this, however. You're paycheck is going to be about 50 bucks, lol.:funny:

I'm sorry to poke fun, but its the truth. First, you will never work the 5 hrs. Its more like 4 or 4.25, so your gross will now be under $200. Subtract taxes (look on the bright side, Uncle Sam is taking peanuts from you here:raspberry:), union dues, the initiation fee, and then fill your tank for $60 to get to work and you are left with about $5! LOL

5 bucks to bust your but every night at UPS.

Ok, to be serious when I started UPS paid the initation fee for the week if we worked everyday and was on time and worked safely. We were also given a $40 bonus on the Twi-sort if we did the above.

I took home about $160. Do they still have the bonus? I haven't heard about around here in years. Times were much better in 1999.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Yah but now us pter's will have to wait a yr. for that good feeling at the doctors office.
Keep endorsing republican presidents and see how fast all of your great benefits keep disappearing! Cant complain about it when you helped to create it now can you?