Questions for Mike.

Since stockholders meeing is next month and Mike will be answering questions. What wold you ask Mike if you were there. No restrictions, no fear of retaliation, but serious questions.

Channahon

What happened to the goal of UPS stock reaching $100 by the UPS centennial?
UPS management was told this was the goal at a Board of Directors meeting a few years ago.

Deeohem

Top five decision/policies coming from the management committee and/or Board that you feel should have been rethought?

(balance it out)

Top five dcision/polici3es coming from the management committee and/ or Board that you feel were great.

(during Mike's tenure of course)

J

JonFrum

According to Einstein's Theory of Relativity, the Speed of Light is always constant --- 186,000 miles per second. If a UPS driver was already traveling at the Speed of Light, and he turned on his headlights, how fast would the light from his headlights be traveling? Explain your answer with a diagram on the Whiteboard.

helenofcalifornia

Does he think at all about the people in the trenches that make UPS what it is today? And how about listening to some of our ideas on how we can take back the streets from the competitors.

over9five

Staff member
"....Explain your answer with a diagram on the Whiteboard."

"WTF in Gods name happened?"

I retract my question. I like these far more!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Jon Frum ...... If the driver closed his eyes at the same time he turned on the headlights, wouldn't he then be travelling at the 'speed of dark'?

Leftinbuilding

Another question, Mike. Why don't you let the center teams (mgmnt) run the centers? Why the micro-management? They generally know what it takes to get the job done. Let em do it.

brown bomber

brown bomber
why is it that we're constantly bombarded w/ "safety tips"...one of which is to wear cotton during the summer..yet the UPS uniforms..appear to not meet that standard..I know for a fact that alot of little polyesters and nylons, were put down to make our uniforms..

Last edited:

moreluck

golden ticket member
I had 2 female polyesters growing up. In fact I named them Polly and Esther. Hard to believe that today those little darlings are hunted down and slaughtered for clothing. Where is PETA when they are really needed??

A

a guy from the air side

I would like to hear how you plan to gain the loyalty of your employee's back. Stop waging war with your workers. You catch more fly's with sugar than with salt. It's very simple (Loyitay = Productive) = Larger Profit

Read your books about the history of this company instead of preaching them to everyone else.

rod

Retired 22 years
According to Einstein's Theory of Relativity, the Speed of Light is always constant --- 186,000 miles per second. If a UPS driver was already traveling at the Speed of Light, and he turned on his headlights, how fast would the light from his headlights be traveling? Explain your answer with a diagram on the Whiteboard.
and would that driver be called into the office and told he could go faster?

hoser

Industrial Slob
Can I borrow 1 million?

No seriously I would address employee satisfaction.. happy=productive.
and drunk = productive, too, right?:wink:

it's not just physics, it's physics by UPS...let's give that package car a windshield wiper... gonna be rainy today

I would like to hear how you plan to gain the loyalty of your employee's back. Stop waging war with your workers. You catch more fly's with sugar than with salt. It's very simple (Loyitay = Productive) = Larger Profit

Read your books about the history of this company instead of preaching them to everyone else.
with the wages UPS employees are earning, no way. his rebuttal question would be: "are you willing to take a pay cut as a trade off for lower productivity and higher happiness?"

you can't have it all. i've said it at least half of the 808 times i've posted on this website.