quick healthy lunches

Ghost in the Darkness

I bring a powerbar (c2 max), a protien bar, a couple bananas and plenty of water to snack on while I'm working. I usually take my bs 45 min lunch at the end of the day sitting on my :censored2: watching videos on my ipod or running errands when I get back to get my car.

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
In our area we have a regular spot where 2 sometimes 3 cars meet for lunch. Its a huge parking lot of a long closed down factory with lots of tree shade. We all carry portable lawn chairs (the ones with the drink holders) and have lunch "bs'ing". Always interesting to see what a person brings for lunch.

DS

Fenderbender
Cracked pepper and olive oil tricuits,canadian cheddar,celery with philadelphia garden vegetable
cream cheese,radishes and pickles.Then a nice coffee,and a ciggarette:wink2:

rod

Retired 22 years
Cracked pepper and olive oil tricuits,canadian cheddar,celery with philadelphia garden vegetable
cream cheese,radishes and pickles.Then a nice coffee,and a ciggarette:wink2:

Is there anyone in Canada that don't smoke. I've been to Canada many times on fishing trips and can't say I ever met a Canadian that didn't smoke. What's a pack cost up ther now days?

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
Is there anyone in Canada that don't smoke. I've been to Canada many times on fishing trips and can't say I ever met a Canadian that didn't smoke. What's a pack cost up ther now days?

To expand on that a little too...is there a national brand? or do you prefer American brands?

Just curious....I'm a former smoker, quit over 7 years ago cold turkey.

DS

Fenderbender
Not that many people smoke nowadays,I doubt if the stats would be much different from the USA,but there are a few"die hards" like me.Smokes are ridiculously priced,and our gov gets about 80% of the $10.00 from each pack sold.
Quebec has the rep for being the biggest smokers...
heres a little joke I heard today...
Why do Quebec babies cry at christenings?
The water puts out thier ciggarette!

Box_Junkie

At our center we get a 50 minute unpaid lunch and a 10 minute paid break. Sometimes I don't put in the paid break, but I always take the 50 min. lunch! All I pack in the summer is powerade/gatorade and granola bars. I usually stop and get a sub or whatevers easy. I just don't want to pack a lunch in the morning or the night before.

satellitedriver

Not that many people smoke nowadays,I doubt if the stats would be much different from the USA,but there are a few"die hards" like me.Smokes are ridiculously priced,and our gov gets about 80% of the $10.00 from each pack sold.
Quebec has the rep for being the biggest smokers...
heres a little joke I heard today...
Why do Quebec babies cry at christenings?
The water puts out thier ciggarette!
When I retire, I am gonna start a cigarette smuggling ring into Canada.
I can get cartons for $15.00 (legally).
Meet ya at the border, DS. We can make some bucks.
Back on topic.
I have a homemade breakfast sandwich every morning and pack a lunch daily.
Basically meat three times a day.

poozer2000

I genrally take an apple a couple of bananananananas
two packets of crisps,a corned beef or wiltshire ham (of the bone) with salad sandwich on white bread with plenty of black pepper and english mustard, a flask of coffee and sit in Goodwood aerodrome and see whos racing or flying in. just last week lewis hamilton (F1 racing driver flew in )
had to give up on the smokey treats though we are now on £5.20 for a pack of 20!!!!!!

check out www.goodwood.co.uk its nice there

J

jeblatz

Speed/Irony: look at it from another angle vs. saying I am ignorant....and by the way, with 26 years at UPS, I'm no young driver by any means, and I haven't been hurt either.

Who wants to spend that time sitting in a truck or at a restaraunt by themselves when they could be at home with their family earlier in the day?

I know all about the third and fifth hour lunch, but if one makes a personal choice not to take it, will UPS file a grievance on them?

It has nothing to do with dispatch either....and you called me ignorant.

(Message edited by proups on May 06, 2005)

You would think that after 26 years you would have learned to abide by your contract! It's not a personal choice. It's not a choice at all. You either follow your contract or you become one the problem drivers that hurt all of us. Most drivers are more productive when they alter their lunch hour to accommodate themselves and UPS. Routes could be added if you just do the right thing. Wake Up!