Quick question

What'dyabringmetoday???

If I spend all my time here talking about UPS after I have worked their all week, will my spouse want to hear me talk about UPS all week? Thanks. Love to hear your thoughts.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Mine doesn't mind most of the time. We both talk about our days and what happened. Unlike my best friend who literally tells his wife I don't care what u do lol. She does get a little jealous of my friends on the browncafe from time to time though.

jaker

trolling
I tell you guys here more then I tell my wife , even though she has been in it since the beginning it is still hard for her to understand the day to day crap we put up with

laffter

It's difficult to talk about work with someone who doesn't understand how it all works. It's difficult to understand how it works unless you work there yourself.

lateagain

I never ever talk about work to my wife. When I leave the parking lot, I don't even think about it. She doesn't tell me how much fun she had doing laundry and doing dishes all day.

BleedsBrown

Im with lateagain....I leave work in the parking lot. My other half knows its the same BS everday so she just stopped asking after a while...lol

Indecisi0n

People don't understand what we go through so when you tell them about what we as drivers to do sups they get the idea that we are being petty. They don't experience the harassment that we put up with on a daily basis. I tell sup's they are to blame for turning good employees into these "hard ball" drivers but they simply do not care.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
i take the time to explain my entire work history in a way that anyone could understand, so my girlfriend understands everything when i rant about one thing or another

just like i listened to her about her work

i can't imagine just not talking about half of your entire week with your significant other

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
My wife works for a place that's a bigger circus than my place of employment. We enjoy trading stories.

+1. Work is such a huge part of our lives I couldn't imagine not sharing my day with my wife. Same with her telling me about her day. She's actually kind of disappointed when she asks what happened today and I say actually it was pretty uneventfual. She's usually like what no crazy customers or anything.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I never discuss UPS with my wife or anyone outside UPS.
I never socialize or go out with UPSers. I never go out for drinks after work. I do run into UPSers all the time.
When I leave UPS, I turn "it" off except for my phone ... management is 24/7 in that respect. My current responsibilities does not require "operational" support and I have not been on an after-hours call in the last 6 months although I still take calls when I am on vacation. Those calls are probably the only exposure that she has had to UPS.

What does my wife know about UPS and that side of my life?

1) UPS requires long hours and dedication

2) UPS pays an OK salary but growth in UPS Stock is the reward

3) UPS Stock did well until UPS went public

4) UPS pension pays almost as much as regular salary (age 58 and 40 years)

5) UPS Retiree Health Care premium is paid for by UPS

6) I was in Region for 2 years before my wife realized that i was not in the District

7) I was in Corporate for probably 6 years before she realized that

8) My wife has never been to UPS or any UPS events

9) She does not know any UPSers except for one lady I worked with 30 years ago with whom she does business

She does think the time I spend on Brown Cafe is wasted and not natural and she does not understand it.

PS - My wife told me about every fricking thing that happened when she worked at a company and now that she sells on ebay, I hear all about that.
Don't ask me to repeat it because I mostly don't absorb it.