Quick question

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

They are on the Safety Committee because they didnt get to be hall monitors in the 6th grade.

...says the man who got stuck going down a "driveway" he clearly had no business going down, wasted 90 minutes of time and cost the company for a wrecker and damage to the "driveway"...curious as to how much time you actually "saved" by not walking off the stop...

10 point

I'm not saying the safety committee is a bad thing to be a part of but normally if the resolutions they come up with cost $ it doesn't get implemented.

The union should run the safety meetings and be given a known budget to work with if the company wants it to be taken seriously. The inception of safety meetings must be some payback agreement for an OSHA violation(s) or equal because if we were serious about fixing real safety issues more action than lip service would occur. Maybe it's just where I work.

10 point

...says the man who got stuck going down a "driveway" he clearly had no business going down, wasted 90 minutes of time and cost the company for a wrecker and damage to the "driveway"...curious as to how much time you actually "saved" by not walking off the stop...
Evidently you are on the safety committee?

Packmule

Unless it's too far to walk, and you see our competition driving it in their 4WDs, while you're bawling into the phone you can't make it. At some point, the old school, customer service instincts kick in. Rarely do we get stuck, but we get charged for an accident for leaving a 3 inch deep tire mark. Just saying. Decisions are not always that easy to make and a safety committee is probably the most clueless bunch of metro rookies you'd ever want to ask.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid

If I walked off every driveway on my rural route it would take me several days to finish my route...assuming I didnt die of a heart attack in the process. Mistakes happen in the real world. Trucks get stuck sometimes, even when they are driven by people who can recite acronyms or score 100% on a Keter audit.

Sent using BrownCafe App

oldngray

nowhere special
If I walked off every driveway on my rural route it would take me several days to finish my route...assuming I didnt die of a heart attack in the process. Mistakes happen in the real world. Trucks get stuck sometimes, even when they are driven by people who can recite acronyms or score 100% on a Keter audit.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Driveways are all short and people never get stuck in the BOG.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

Why must you pick at and criticize everybody on this forum?

Give it a break, Dave.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
how much did getting hit by a car affect your SPORH that day? And how much money would you have saved the company if you were really injured considering you forgot to ask the driver's name? I suppose they could've identified the driver from his license plate imprint on your ass. Guess you're not perfect after all, Super Dave.