Quiet in here lately.

bbsam

Staff member
I hope they talk about it, but you might be right. I guess burying their heads even deeper up their asses is a "solution". This is a very troubled and "sick" opco right now, and it's still in full FUBAR mode. That says a lot about our "leadership".
Just look what's happening at UPS. They're still reeling in the peak/weather backlog. People have adjusted their expectations and the companies are being let off the hook.

HomeDelivery

Just look what's happening at UPS. They're still reeling in the peak/weather backlog. People have adjusted their expectations and the companies are being let off the hook.

this past sat, my neighboring courier had 40% smalls of Amazon Prime boxes 40% wine deliveries & the remaining were misc... i think those Amazon customers were cashing in on those free gift cards from the failed-by-xmas deliveries

back up in volume a bit, some contractors were calling in a few peak season temp drivers in to work for them

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

No, not really. People don't "adjust their expectations" when it's a Christmas gift or other important package. You are totally invested into the new "good enough" BS that self-serves the crap service that Ground provides, and this type of rationalization makes it all "OK" for those that accept a low threshold of customer commitment. All that matters is giving lousy service for a cheap price, and then skimming the low-wage cream off the top and splitting the cash with Fred.

Glad you like being sub-standard. You and Fred keep on enjoying your mediocrity, OK?

CJinx

Labels don't have a commit date but they do have commit dates when you trace them internally.

As for Ground's peak service... Well... We did deliver a *lot* of stuff but I also feel that code 82 was heavily abused. I despise that code almost as much as code 34.

bbsam

Staff member
Labels don't have a commit date but they do have commit dates when you trace them internally.

As for Ground's peak service... Well... We did deliver a *lot* of stuff but I also feel that code 82 was heavily abused. I despise that code almost as much as code 34.
I wouldn't say abused. We used it, but around here everybody understood why. We used it when 75% of the local companies closed for weather issues.

Code 82 Approved

Titanium Plus+ Level Member with benefits!

Yes, I was.

bbsam

Staff member
If they all do, my request has to be really simple for you to provide us with one.
No, because they aren't on the label (as Cjinx said). Why should it be? We don't hold freight on Monday just because it's not due 'til Tuesday.