Quiet in here lately.

overflowed

Getting slaughtered at our sta. Its amazon driven. The worm I'm afraid has definitely turned after peak for some reason. Anybody heard what's going on with this?

Doc Sorting Dude

We were just talking about just how busy we still are. Due to late freight, couriers are staying out and finishing deliveries but the volume has not decreased. I wonder if the shippers around the country still have a bad taste in their mouth after the UPS fiasco.

Usually this time of year we are getting time off and LWOP's are given like candy. But no, we've had to rent some trucks for many bulks that are coming in. And to make it even more mind boggling; straightlining is ok'd, 30 minute lunches ok'd and now there is a flyer in the breakroom asking if we know anyone who wants to work as a handler or part time courier...in January???

Another thing. Saturdays are so heavy, its almost like a regular weekday. Messages from dispatch all day asking for 4-5 volunteers to work Saturday. Where is all this volume coming from?

cancan

Seems like it comes in waves. We've been getting a lot of "rolled" freight. At least 8 packages out of 60 were Thursdays. That seems crazy to me. The only thing we do is deliver freight over night and we can't even do that.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Code 82 Approved

Titanium Plus+ Level Member with benefits!
One would think with my broken leg I would have plenty of time to sit here and participate. But oddly I do not have much to say.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
That's never stopped MFE.

I'm awaiting the official explanation for the Peak debacle. Of course, it will all be our fault, but it will be interesting to see how they spin-it. "Panda-Gate" will be the shocking announcement that MT3 is the father of the newest litter of panda cubs. Rumor has it they can't stop waving their paws, and will only eat fresh caviar.

bbsam

Staff member
There will be no explanation of peak. No reason to start a conversation when nobody is talking about it. That's a story Memphis wants silenced.

FedExRookie

To lazy to read the replies, I believe Indy was shut down.

The ice they had from clearing the place is INSANE. That's why there is so much late freight. It's not an increase b/c of amazon, it's because the ice storm shut down Indy.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
There will be no explanation of peak. No reason to start a conversation when nobody is talking about it. That's a story Memphis wants silenced.

I hope they talk about it, but you might be right. I guess burying their heads even deeper up their asses is a "solution". This is a very troubled and "sick" opco right now, and it's still in full FUBAR mode. That says a lot about our "leadership".