Quit already

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I could have done that like everyone else but I wasn't gonna leave there with packages all over the floor. I literally just wrote an email to the ops manager and the hiring manager and explained to them how terribly the facility is run, I mean they wonder why no one works there and everyone leaves immediately. I did NOT want to quit and I feel bad for it (I was even kind of excited to be there in the first place) but when the Union Steward over there doesn't even care about anything going on then what the hell is the point of having a Union and a unionized job then? Even without that the hub is being run like... DHL
I think you’re a troll
You’ve worked the preload for years you still live in moms basement you’re favorite activity’s are smoking weed and call of duty
This is how you get your kicks acting like a tough guy
How do I know this
How would a one week employee know how a Fedx and DHL hub work
Am I close?

now beat it @Barney before you embarrass yourself even more

nkm

Optimistically pessimistic
I think you’re a troll
You’ve worked the preload for years you still live in moms basement you’re favorite activity’s are smoking weed and call of duty
This is how you get your kicks acting like a tough guy
How do I know this
How would a one week employee know how a Fedx and DHL hub work
Am I close?

now beat it @Barney before you embarrass yourself even more
LMFAO this post just made my entire day, at least someone knows how to flame someone properly

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Just about a week, the ops manager kept asking me over and over again to stay and he got mad when I kept giving him the same answer. And actually, out of the 7 or 8 people I got hired with, everyone else had already quit.
And you wonder why the place is under staffed?

It’s hard to staff an operation when everyone quits in the first few days.

Last edited:

nkm

And you wonder why the place is under staffed?

It’s hard to staff an operation when everyone quits in the first few days.
Sure, but everyone is quitting in the first place for a reason, and I guess no one bothers to figure out the issue(s) that almost every new employee has with the company. Tell it to the execs. Even Amazon's thousands in sign-on bonuses isn't helping them and that's where UPS is gonna be soon.

deeztier

you summarized the job in your previous post and went even further with this one. not sure how old you are or if it's your first job but welcome to the real world. unless you plan on learning something useful, investing in crypto/stocks, winning the lottery, or finding a sugar daddy ...thats about it.

you either shut your brain off when you punch in or become one of those other options and work at UPS for the benefits.

nkm

you summarized the job in your previous post and went even further with this one. not sure how old you are or if it's your first job but welcome to the real world. unless you plan on learning something useful, investing in crypto/stocks, winning the lottery, or finding a sugar daddy ...thats about it.

you either shut your brain off when you punch in or become one of those other options and work at UPS for the benefits.
You definitely aren't lying here, and I do have other income through long-time crypto investing and a few other holdings so trying my hand over at UPS wasn't really about money or anything, it was more of a venture. And a sugar daddy LOL. But yeah, your last paragraph pretty much sums it up perfectly, that line should be stickied somewhere on the forum for real.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Obviously I didn't direct my comment to you, I directed it to someone who just wants to be a total dickbag, exactly what I'm talking about. Even if he's half-ass joking, it's literally the behavior I described and that you're now seeming to agree with me that isn't the type of behavior you want to see from your coworkers especially in an environment where you're supposed to be unionized.
In your Original Post, you said you enjoyed being flamed….

The “dickbag” you referred to must have overstepped your flame tolerance point..

That’s pretty sad for you.🦄

rod

Retired 22 years
UPS isn't for everyone. You probably did the right thing by leaving. I will warn you though that good jobs that you really enjoy are usually a pipe dream. I'm an old fart and know VERY FEW people who actually enjoyed every aspect of their job. Either the work was boring, too hard, bad bosses, low pay, not enough vacation, or a million other excuses. The bottom line is don't expect what ever job you end up at to be all peaches and cream. I even knew a guy whos job it was was to chauffeur good looking strippers around and he even complained about having to work nights. After I retired from UPS at the age of 53 with a good pension and health benefits I ran into several EX-UPS employees who had quit and told me they wished they had stuck it out- they would have been retired by then. Your generation is fast becoming known as quitters ---at everything. Sad

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
You definitely aren't lying here, and I do have other income through long-time crypto investing and a few other holdings so trying my hand over at UPS wasn't really about money or anything, it was more of a venture. And a sugar daddy LOL. But yeah, your last paragraph pretty much sums it up perfectly, that line should be stickied somewhere on the forum for real.
And here we have it another crypto tycoon who doesent need the money just enjoys getting up in the middle of the night to go shuffle cardboard

SMGDH

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
What other skills do you have other than being a *bag? Again, name something that you've done in any part of your career to better your fellow union workers' work environment instead of just siphoning the benefits of a 30-year tenure. You've really gotta be a miserable person to be around, you're definitely a package car driver. Like so many people have said on this board, it's people exactly like you who are the problem at places like UPS. You want to be a bad person for what reason? Are you that much of a selfish person?
Good evening.

I'm just returning home from Menard's...

Wife was spending my money again...

From the job I have.

How's your day going?

I have to be at work Monday morning...

Adults have jobs.

Do you have one?

Wait...

I have some other threads to check out.

I shall return tho.

I hope this helps and was on topic.

nkm

I'm sure this has already been said but...

Thanks for telling us how horrible this job is at er working just one week there. Your insight is priceless.
I'm so sorry for insulting you with my thread after your run today Mr. UPS driver, I hope whomever is on preload on Monday morning goes out of their way to floor-load your entire package car

542thruNthru

I'm so sorry for insulting you with my thread after your run today Mr. UPS driver, I hope whomever is on preload on Monday morning goes out of their way to floor-load your entire package car
I don't have a "run"... Especially on Saturday and I load my own truck lately. You'd know this if I felt the need to start a thread about useless information about myself.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Wait until the next long rant about where his last paycheck is and why he has not got it yet. Never understood going to work just to walk out, it means you were already going to quit. Why get up at 3 am, wtf is the point if your quitting

nkm

I don't have a "run"... Especially on Saturday and I load my own truck lately. You'd know this if I felt the need to start a thread about useless information about myself.
Let me guess... you load your own truck because of.. short staffing?