Racism rears its ugly head

Turdferguson

Just a turd
So ...
If a white woman is walking down one side of the street and sees a group of black teenagers and is afraid but continues to walk towards the group, she is prejudiced.
If she crosses over to the other side of the street or reverses direction, she is a racist.
Gotcha.

Nope.
If she is a racist she would call theme a name, and lie and said they did something to her, like said the pushed or attacked her, or I guess where you are from said they looked her in the eye ( a subtle example of me being prejudiced against people from Georgia ) causing unwarranted hardship on the black teenagers. Either in the form of the law or vigilante racist causing physical harm to them.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
So ...
If a white woman is walking down one side of the street and sees a group of black teenagers and is afraid but continues to walk towards the group, she is prejudiced.
If she crosses over to the other side of the street or reverses direction, she is a racist.
Gotcha.
Nope.
If she is a racist she would call theme a name, and lie and said they did something to her, like said the pushed or attacked her, or I guess where you are from said they looked her in the eye ( a subtle example of me being prejudiced against people from Georgia ) causing unwarranted hardship on the black teenagers. Either in the form of the law or vigilante racist causing physical harm to them.
I disagree ... I think she is a racist in both circumstances I gave.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Nope prejudiced in both of those instances. She has prejudge them
But in one, she takes an action that makes it obvious she doesn't want to be around the other race.
I was trying to understand your definition and I thought generically your definition of prejudice vs racism was something like ...
She was prejudiced as long as her behavior did not change ... once one changes their behavior based on a prejudice, then it became racism.

I still don't understand your definition.
Please try putting it in rules and maybe I will get it.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I'm crossing to the other side of the street if there's 6 guys on the sidewalk, no matter what color they are......always play the odds.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Race may be the deciding factor but that does not make somebody a racist it makes them prejudiced. You can be prejudiced and not a racist.
All beans are seeds, but not all seeds are beans.
All racist are prejudiced, but not everyone who is prejudiced is a racist
That was pretty :censored2:ed up ... you been in my stash? LOL

Turdferguson

Just a turd
She was prejudiced as long as her behavior did not change ... once one changes their behavior based on a prejudice, then it became racism.
Once she acts on her prejudice causing either emotional or physical harm on someone. She is a racist. And no walking across the street doesn’t cause emotional harm.