Racism rears its ugly head

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Congressional bosses from Hell: Sheila Jackson Lee

Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee of Texas also hands out nicknames to the people who work for her. The Houston Democrat addressed one of her employees as “you stupid :censored2:.” And not just once, but “constantly,” recalls the staffer, “like, all the time.”

Yet another staffer remembers requesting a meeting early on in her tenure to ask how best to serve the congresswoman. Jackson Lee’s response: “What? What did you say to me? Who are you, the Congresswoman? You haven’t been elected. You don’t set up meetings with me! I tell you! You know what? You are the most unprofessional person I have ever met in my life.” With that, Jackson Lee hung up the phone.

According to the same staffer, Jackson Lee “would always say, ‘What am I a prostitute? Am I your prostitute? You can’t prostitute me.’”

Capitol Hill is famous for its demanding, insensitive bosses. Yet even by the harsh standards of Congress, Sheila Jackson Lee stands out. She may be the worst boss in Washington. “It’s like being an Iraq War veteran,” says someone who worked for her. Strangers may say, “‘oh I know what you’ve been through.’ No, you really don’t. Because until you’ve experienced it…. People don’t tell the worst of the stories, because they’re really unbelievable.”

floridays

This is the racism thread. TTKU.
I understand, show a current example, these people may have mended their ways since the photos were taken. A source has disclosed that these people have repented their ways. That's how it works right? Prove they haven't.

bbsam

Staff member
I understand, show a current example, these people may have mended their ways since the photos were taken. A source has disclosed that these people have repented their ways. That's how it works right? Prove they haven't.
Why would they repent? Donald Trump encourages it. The rest of the Republican leadership has learned to embrace him. Again, why would they repent what they hold to be true?

bbsam

Staff member
And your self hatred is repulsive.

floridays

Why would they repent? Donald Trump encourages it. The rest of the Republican leadership has learned to embrace him. Again, why would they repent what they hold to be true?
Why does anyone repent, prove they haven't, that's the way your side plays the game.

bbsam

Staff member
Why does anyone repent, prove they haven't, that's the way your side plays the game.
People repent when they believe they have done wrong. Nothing suggests that the 35%, the deplorables we live amongst believe anything different than they did before.

That's what repentance is about. Not sure what you're talking about.

floridays

The mirror is a wonderful world of make believe. Two dimensional and only one critic.
We disagree on life sam, it's that simple, Two facts are undeniable however, I am an old man, and even colorblindness would not change the reflection in the mirror. You see color first, I see old man. Nothing more, nothing less. We disagree, it's that simple.

bbsam

Staff member
We disagree on life sam, it's that simple, Two facts are undeniable however, I am an old man, and even colorblindness would not change the reflection in the mirror. You see color first, I see old man. Nothing more, nothing less. We disagree, it's that simple.
You may have grown old but if you think that the image you perceive in that two dimensional piece of reflective glass is what the world you live in sees day after day, then wisdom has passed you by my friend.

floridays

You may have grown old but if you think that the image you perceive in that two dimensional piece of reflective glass is what the world you live in sees day after day, then wisdom has passed you by my friend.
I'll stand with Dr. King, if the world wants to base things on skin color initially, I think they missed it, and it has nothing to do with wisdom.