Racism rears its ugly head

BBAK

Banned
The racial double standard in this country is simply amazing.

Just imagine a klansman publicly putting a bounty on the head of a black man.

menotyou

bella amicizia
It was, also, amazing to watch blacks, women, hispanics, anyone different than a white male that could get a free contractor's job and a check and do nothing just because of a federal mandate (Fort Drum and, I'm sure, many other bases)

texan

May we all shed this horrible condition that plagues us.
racism.jpg

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I remember an incident that occured when my son was 3 or 4 years old. We live in a predominately white area, so it is rare to see people of color when we are out and about. My son and I were in the elevator at the local doctors office, and a black guy got in with us. The door shut, my son looked up at me with all the earnestness of an excited child and said..... "look daddy, its a basketball man." I wanted to die from embarrassment. Fortunately, the man took it for the innocent comment that it was and responded by laughing and smiling and giving my son a "high five".

moreluck

golden ticket member
If the GOP would ask if Obama was running as preezy of Blackistan, they would be blasted from here to hell and back.....but it' OK for the Dems to talk like that.
Actually the Dems should see the picture of Obama's campaign office and the 98% white staff of his.

MSNBC Contributor: Is Mitt Romney ‘Running For Presidency Of Caucasia-stan’? | Mediaite

A photo posted on Barack Obama's Tumblr page shows the campaign's Chicago staff

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/05/06/o...y-may-violate-civil-rights-law/#ixzz1wUK5jn00

moreluck

golden ticket member
Re: Chicago politics......Racism rears its ugly head

From the thuggish political machine the brought us Barack Obama.
Via Chicago Sun-Times:
An influential alderman warned Metra’s executive director on Thursday that “people are going to get hurt” if the commuter rail agency fails to bolster minority participation on a $133 million South Side railroad bridge known as the “Englewood Flyover.”

Ald. Anthony Beale (9th), chairman of the City Council’s Transportation Committee, did not explain who he believed would “get hurt” or who the perpetrators might be. But, he was clearly referring to civil disobedience or maybe even violence at the construction site.

“I’m trying to help you help yourself. When I say that, problems could arise. When you look at a community like Englewood [that] is challenged and you have over $1 billion of work coming through and there’s no people of color working on that project, I’m afraid people are going to get hurt,” Beale told Clifford during Thursday’s committee hearing.

“When you look at the make-up of the community — when you look at the unemployment rate … in that particular community, it’s probably 35, almost 40 percent. … To have a contract come like this in the African-American community with less than one percent minority participation is an insult.”

Clifford said he “respects and appreciates” Beale’s point. But, he also stood his ground, arguing that Metra has “not done anything wrong” and “followed federal statutes to the letter.”
As required by federal law, Metra established a 25 percent benchmark for “disadvantaged business enterprises,” a category that includes any business with an annual net worth that does not exceed $1.32 million, Clifford said. That means small businesses as well as those owned by minorities and women.

moreluck

golden ticket member
"Maryland Democratic Rep. Elijah Cummings said that President Barack Obama and Attorney General Eric Holder have received an “alarming” amount of disrespect, possibly because of their race."

Yeah, jump there first......did you ever think that it's because they are both incompetant? Did that even cross your narrow mind???

moreluck

golden ticket member
To perfom, our choirs must be more racially diverse..(bull....to perform, our choirs need the best singers no matter what their color....does that mean the audience won't get to see The Best choirs.....only the 3rd or 4th best?

This is too much like giving all kids a gold star....It's BS. To perform with the symphony should be an honor given to the best performers. Put paper bags over the heads of the entire choir and then pick the best to perform!!

Georgia high school choruses reportedly not diverse enough to perform with Atlanta orchestra | Fox News