Racism rears its ugly head

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Probably difficult for a wealthy and white hard leftist to look in the mirror and acknowledge that’s exactly how he feels when he’s supposed to be the one fighting the evil racists.
I've introduced the concept and some of my lib friends got highly offended.
I got put on 2 people's BLOCKED list which is fine ... note that I never did it except on my home page.

rickyb

It’s a view from right wingers like @Box Ox to excuse themselves from not caring about problems in the system. In that twisted worldview if whites see systemic racism and work to correct it they are only doing it because they believe black people are too inferior to exist within the current system. It’s a way to stick your fingers in your ears and pretend everything is awesome.
thats what i thought i was hearing too.

It will be fine

Where do you see the systemic racism in 2020?

There are decent gaps in education, wealth, mobility etc between white and black Americans. You can either believe there is a systemic problem or black people are inherently incompetent. What’s the third choice?

rickyb

trickle down history is the same thing as trickle down economics; its a way of disarming average joes from thinking they have any power at all. trickle down history and economics is a kind of religion where you put all your faith in one person to do good, and as usual the person disappoints.

1595455656799.png

Box Ox

Where do you see the systemic racism in 2020?

There are decent gaps in education, wealth, mobility etc between white and black Americans. You can either believe there is a systemic problem or black people are inherently incompetent. What’s the third choice?

Why automatically attribute such gaps to "systemic racism" when, for example, 77% of black babies were born to unmarried mothers in 2015?

African-American family structure - Wikipedia

Nonmarital_Birth_Rates_in_the_United_States,_1940-2014.png

It will be fine

Why automatically attribute such gaps to "systemic racism" when, for example, 77% of black babies were born to unmarried mothers in 2015?

African-American family structure - Wikipedia

View attachment 303310
How do black children of single mothers compare to white children of single mothers? Perhaps there are more black single mothers because the justice system disproportionately incarcerates black men. Even if you believe all the issues are caused by culture that is still an argument that there are flaws in the system.

Box Ox

How do black children of single mothers compare to white children of single mothers? Perhaps there are more black single mothers because the justice system disproportionately incarcerates black men. Even if you believe all the issues are caused by culture that is still an argument that there are flaws in the system.

Attributing all of the above to racism is the easy way out and doesn't solve anything. If poor black communities ever want to move forward they're going to have to have some hard conversations about their culture and family structure.

It doesn't help that institutions like the National Museum of African American History and Culture are telling black people that positive characteristics that help the common person move up in a free society such as individualism, critical thinking, hard work, being polite and the nuclear family are a white thing.

7.png

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage

3) There are many, many Whites that experience gaps in education, wealth, mobility!
They are just ignored by all the 'woke' Honkies!

These disenfranchised Whites don't follow the American Model!

American Values Conversion.jpg

vantexan

And where does personal responsibility figure into all of that?

vantexan

Is your argument that all discrepancies between the races are due to personal failings? Black people are just inherently irresponsible?
Of course not. Those who take responsibility for their lives, just like those of every other race, usually have good results. Those who've developed a dependency on government tend to not do so well, just like every other race. When the government does spend a lot on education, in Baltimore for example, and the majority of kids aren't able to pass competency tests, there has to be a certain amount of responsibility on their parents for their failure. They are being set up for participation in a vicious cycle.