Radio Box?

What'dyabringmetoday???

You all need to do things the way the great UpstateNYUPSer does things. Go in early, go through load, give management some tips, take lunch toward end of day, give other people crap for things that you actually do yourself.

Avalon

Avalon
I don't have a new tractor so I mounted a radio in this:Amazon.com: Metra 99-9000 Dash Kit For Uni Under Dash Full Shroud: Automotive
This is meant to be screwed to a dashboard or van roof or something like that. I put a piece of plastic sheet on top and mounted a CB on top of that. Tomorrow I'll try to take a picture of it. I used this radio:JHD1130 Jensen Heavy Duty New for 2013
The Jensen Heavy Duty radios will hold the memory for the clock and radio settings, (according to then up to 30 days). Which makes it nice when you keep changing tractors. I put Velcro on the bottom and use small bungee cords to hold it down. With the CB on top it does stick up a little bit, without it's no problem. Its right in front so you don't have to look at the seat to adjust the volume or change stations.

Blue. Very nice. I like the way this looks. Of course I have two left hands when it comes to this kind of stuff but I'll give it a shot.
If you have a pic to upload that would be excellent too.

Thanks everybody for all the feedback and ideas. I'll let ya know how it goes.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Just buy a plywood shelf and cut it dowm to fit what you want. I took a cheap Sony car stereo and screwed the DIN mount to the board then slid the deck in. You can bolt a CB bracket to that too. Then make a power distribution block and have one long power wire feeding that and two speaker wires in cable shrouding so it will easily fit various tractors. Add a power outlet for your phone charger and some ring mounts for bungees.

​Some guys cut up a Pelican case, briefcase, or toolbox and put it all in there.

And some Feeder drivers.... can't understand why they are not considered "real" truck drivers.

2i87hu0.jpg

Slipseat Box for cb radio & stereo

YRC guys.... would know this. :happy-very:

-Bug-

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
Do you guys not have speakers mounted in the tractors? It would annoy me to have all the sound coming from the right.
Our Macks have rear speakers, newer ones have in dash radios w/CD. Internationals have 4 speakers, the killer sound almost makes up for the rock hard ride. Kenworths have in-dash radio w/aux jack but it picks up interference. They should have rear speakers but the Company only paid for two small front ones.
-----------

Anyone have good portable oven or slow cooker recipes for the drive? I like the wok too but that's a little tricky. :surprised:

bluehdmc

GMAFB / You guys are pondering if a radio will be repaired at some point in the future, and I have leaks in the cab of my truck that have not been fixed.

Put a paper towel in the windshield corner on a Vision when it's raining, check it 5 min later it will be soaked. Some Visions have been popping out of 4th, 6th, and 9th gears since they were new. I was told once it was the way the air lines for the splitter run, but 900Kmiles, and 6 yrs later they still pop out of gear. I heard a rumor of a Kenworth where you have to watch out for the puddle on the floor.

Anyway I took a picture of my radio today:
photo (4).JPG

002.jpg

This is my shifting radio. It' basic and simple and tucks in my locker. The head unit I run has a input and controls for my iPhone which allows me to listen to whatever through it.
002.jpg

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
just go to any store and buy a cheap car sterol !! Bunge to dash, red wire to hot on dash black wire to ground on dash,then plug in your speaker wires,,,DONE !!!!! all of our tractors come with built in speakers today and all of them have the Red and Black terminal post for your power!! the old MH Mack didn't but all these tractors do,,,its easier than putting up Christmas lights

A

anonymous6

our new tractors have a radio. a Sirius/xm radio plugs into the cig lighter and tune to 88.1 and you're good to go in less than a minute. with no radio , I just hooked up the wires to good cig. lighter plugs bought online cheap and use a 3 way cig. lighter plug. 2 minutes. just get a radio and cb and connect the to a board and bungie down.

A

anonymous6

Put a paper towel in the windshield corner on a Vision when it's raining, check it 5 min later it will be soaked. Some Visions have been popping out of 4th, 6th, and 9th gears since they were new. I was told once it was the way the air lines for the splitter run, but 900Kmiles, and 6 yrs later they still pop out of gear. I heard a rumor of a Kenworth where you have to watch out for the puddle on the floor.

Anyway I took a picture of my radio today:

that's illegal according to DOT regs. anything that obstructs your view.