Raise For Part Timers

EmpireUPS909

Trailer sweep is a cake walk
We are trying to figure out how much the raise will be for Part Timers that have been with the Company for 2 years. We've been told a dollar, eighty two cents and even twenty seven cents. The contract says that part timers who gained seniority by Aug 2018 are entitled to a dollar raise this year plus COLA. Part Timers here make 15.33 an hour. The wage rate for Aug 1, 2022 is 15.50. So does that mean that part timers that are not entitled to the dollar raise are only getting twenty seven cents? Will they also get a COLA increase?

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
We are trying to figure out how much the raise will be for Part Timers that have been with the Company for 2 years. We've been told a dollar, eighty two cents and even twenty seven cents. The contract says that part timers who gained seniority by Aug 2018 are entitled to a dollar raise this year plus COLA. Part Timers here make 15.33 an hour. The wage rate for Aug 1, 2022 is 15.50. So does that mean that part timers that are not entitled to the dollar raise are only getting twenty seven cents? Will they also get a COLA increase?
it should be 15.50+last years .33+this years .82= 16.65

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I thought that the .82 cents for COLA were only given once you are done with your 4 year progression?

"All seniority employees who have completed their appropriate wage progression schedule shall be covered by the provisions of a cost-of-living allowance, as set forth in this Agreement.

Employees who have not completed their appropriate wage progression on the effective date of a COLA increase, shall receive the adjustment on a prospective basis on the date they complete their wage progression schedules."

EmpireUPS909

Trailer sweep is a cake walk
Part Timers who were not with the Company as of Aug 2018 are not entitled to the dollar raise per the contract. I also read that COLA increase would only be given after the part timer is done with the 4 year progression. So basically if you have 3 years or less, you are not getting anything? Or will they get .27 cents to go from 15.33 to 15.50?

M_Sundy

I would like to add to the question,
Im a 15 year employee, its my understanding i should get my dollar raise plus cola (. 82 cents )
When i go under my Upsers profile and look at my Time Card Viewer for my hours this week Aug 1 and 2, my new hourly increase that is used in my time calculation only reflects and increase of 1.57 not 1.82. By my calculation i am missing an extra .25 cents. I know its not finalized until the paycheck is issued.
Has anyone else noticed anything wrong in their increase amount, as its reflected in your,Time Card Viewer. Just curious and what would be the recourse suggested if its not corrected?

Thanks

Its_a_me

I would like to add to the question,
Im a 15 year employee, its my understanding i should get my dollar raise plus cola (. 82 cents )
When i go under my Upsers profile and look at my Time Card Viewer for my hours this week Aug 1 and 2, my new hourly increase that is used in my time calculation only reflects and increase of 1.57 not 1.82. By my calculation i am missing an extra .25 cents. I know its not finalized until the paycheck is issued.
Has anyone else noticed anything wrong in their increase amount, as its reflected in your,Time Card Viewer. Just curious and what would be the recourse suggested if its not corrected?

Thanks
Those PT'ers that attained seniority before Aug 1, 2018 (the last CBA date) get $1.00 GWI. The ones after that date are on a $0.50 GWI tract. COLA is the $0.82 increase.

You (as a 15 yr employee) will see a $1.82 by the time they finalize it. If not file a grievance.

Part Timers who were not with the Company as of Aug 2018 are not entitled to the dollar raise per the contract. I also read that COLA increase would only be given after the part timer is done with the 4 year progression. So basically if you have 3 years or less, you are not getting anything? Or will they get .27 cents to go from 15.33 to 15.50?
Don't believe everything you read on the Internet. PT'ers that hit seniority after Aug 1, 2018 get $0.50 raises each August. They also get the COLA raises.
A PT'er that was at $15.33 in July will now be at $16.65.
Here's the math:
15.33 old wage + GWI (which is $0.50) + COLA (which is $0.82)
GWI = general wage increase
COLA = cost of living allowance (which is inflation above 3% as measured by the CPI-W year over year from May 2021 to May 2022)

Honduh

Seems all pointless when they cut your weekly bonus at the same time. Usually when you get a raise you make more money but I guess that's not how ups works.

Seems all pointless when they cut your weekly bonus at the same time. Usually when you get a raise you make more money but I guess that's not how ups works.
It's more important to top management to fracture the Union workforce. FT against PT, higher seniority against lower seniority.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
1659895811962.png

Yup, that's exactly what happened to us at my hub. Starting with last week's paycheck, our retention bonus got cut from $75 to $42, which I can only assume was to offset our Aug raises. When I asked the FT Sup about it, he supposedly wasn't even aware that we were receiving a weekly bonus. Of course not.
I'm well aware that a retention bonus is completely extra, and isn't something UPS is contractually obligated to pay, but I guess it's just disappointing that a company as big as UPS making their record profits, would feel the need to nickel and dime their own employees this way. I think it just sends the wrong message, and with peak season just around the corner, it's also bad timing on their part.

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
Yup, that's exactly what happened to us at my hub. Starting with last week's paycheck, our retention bonus got cut from $75 to $42, which I can only assume was to offset our Aug raises. When I asked the FT Sup about it, he supposedly wasn't even aware that we were receiving a weekly bonus. Of course not.
I'm well aware that a retention bonus is completely extra, and isn't something UPS is contractually obligated to pay, but I guess it's just disappointing that a company as big as UPS making their record profits, would feel the need to nickel and dime their own employees this way. I think it just sends the wrong message, and with peak season just around the corner, it's also bad timing on their part.
Welcome to UPS. Drop anchor.

Especially when UPS has such a PT labor shortage as it is. Management is the companies worse enemy.