Raise question

Brownee23

Hey there. I started as a seasonal delivery driver on October 25th. After peak they kept me as a full time driver. After peak my first day working was in January. I was curious if I should expect my one year raise in October or do I have to wait until next January since I started during peak. Thanks.

KOG72

I’m full of it
Hey there. I started as a seasonal delivery driver on October 25th. After peak they kept me as a full time driver. After peak my first day working was in January. I was curious if I should expect my one year raise in October or do I have to wait until next January since I started during peak. Thanks.
I would think whichever one of these two days is considered your hired day would be the one

Brownee23

My hire date is considered October 25th according to the list in the building. But because it was during peak I didn’t know if it would still be my raise date

oldupsman

Seasonal time doesn't count towards progression

It can if they want it too. If the "list" in the building he's referring to is the seniority list, and it says Oct. 25th,
I guess it counted. Which means his 1 year raise would be in Oct.

Last edited:
It can if they want it too. If the "list" in the building he's referring to is the seniority list, and it says Oct. 25th,
Just telling you how it is here. If you ate hired that time of the year , UPS uses that's as a hall pass. 3 months longer to get your benefits and 3 months longer to get his progression. Do you really think they want to pay more if they don't have to????

sikidiki

for me after i was laid off for seasonal in the summer, they called me back in october to hire me full time, that is my hire date and when i should expect my first raise

Tony Q

If your seniority date is in October then they owe you. I wouldn't press it until October of 2018 though. Since you have to have a year to get your vacation then you can't do anything. they should make vacation available, but if there is nothing then they can pay you off.

oldupsman

Just telling you how it is here. If you ate hired that time of the year , UPS uses that's as a hall pass. 3 months longer to get your benefits and 3 months longer to get his progression. Do you really think they want to pay more if they don't have to????

The reason I said anything is because that exact same thing happened to me 40 years ago. I started in Oct.
But I couldn't qualify for seniority until Jan. When I had my 30 in Jan done the center manager came up to me and said
since I had done so well he was going to make my seniority date the day I started back in Oct.
At the time it really didn't register but I remember him looking at me and saying, "Some day you'll thank
me for that." He was right.

The reason I said anything is because that exact same thing happened to me 40 years ago. I started in Oct.
But I couldn't qualify for seniority until Jan. When I had my 30 in Jan done the center manager came up to me and said
since I had done so well he was going to make my seniority date the day I started back in Oct.
At the time it really didn't register but I remember him looking at me and saying, "Some day you'll thank
me for that." He was right.
Hopefully he gets his October seniority date. But this is a much different company now.