Raise?

smallsortguy

I've been in small sort now for 6 months now, and call me greedy, but I'm looking forward to my first raise. Can anyone tell me if its based on merit, or if it is a standard amount? Thanks for your help.

MonavieLeaker

Bringin Teh_Lulz
I've been in small sort now for 6 months now, and call me greedy, but I'm looking forward to my first raise. Can anyone tell me if its based on merit, or if it is a standard amount? Thanks for your help.

You have to dump 100 bags per hour to be considered for a payraise

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I started with the company on January 10, 2009 so is that good or bad?

(b) Newly hired part-time employees
All part-time employees, who are hired or reach seniority after August 1, 2008 will be paid
according to the following wage schedules:
Hourly Rate
Preloader Sorter All Others
Start $9.50 $ 8.50
Start plus ninety (90) calendar days $10.50 $9.50
Seniority plus one (1) year $11.00 $10.00
Seniority plus two (2) years $11.50 $10.50
Seniority plus three (3) years $12.00 $11.00
Seniority plus four (4) years $12.25 $11.25

your next raise

LED

You may get a raise if you sort in the small sort. A sorter, I believe, is a skilled position, so you should get a dollar/hour raise. Or was this changed in the last contract?

SKAGITDRIVER

speaking of raises can any western conf bros out there that can tell me what our raise will be in aug I guess I could look it up but...

browndevil

Apparently it is actually half of $.75/hr this year. Last year was $.70. I still do not know what the union and UPS will work out to cut $.75 in half!
You are correct. Who would have known that you can divide .75 in half. I just checked my contract and it reads Aug 2009 .375 cents an hour. Thanks Sleeve:smart: