RAISES!!!!!!!!

Cezanne

Try to remember any time that the company renegotiated any contract prior to it's expiration. Beside that they got what they wanted in the last.:wink2:

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Maybe what should be discussed at the next contract is wage increases for employees who live and work in areas that the cost of living is far over what the national average is. No disrespect but the driver in Montana or Texas is living a far different life style then the drivers in New York and California. We all work that is correct but some of us experience two intirelly diffrent worlds. I once ran into a driver from Georgia at a winery that I have a pickup at. He was out here on vacation with his wife and we got to talking about the cost of living and he couldnt believe what homes cost out here in California. The funny thing is that I was trying to explain to him that 500,000 was almost half what it cost here just 2 years ago. Anyways the thing that he said to me that Ill never forget is "out here it seems that your job isnt all that good of a job". I was flabber gassed, my UPS brother from Georgia basically just dissed my job. Then I realized what he was trying to say and it was in regards to what it cost to live here and what our pay is and well like he said in Georgia he lives on a lake with a boat and goes on wine tasting vacation with his wife. Something to think about when your complaining about our wages.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Where you live and the cost of living there is of no concern to me. That is a choice that you have made, based upon whatever factors you chose to consider before moving there. Equal work means equal pay.

browndevil

Maybe what should be discussed at the next contract is wage increases for employees who live and work in areas that the cost of living is far over what the national average is. No disrespect but the driver in Montana or Texas is living a far different life style then the drivers in New York and California. We all work that is correct but some of us experience two intirelly diffrent worlds. I once ran into a driver from Georgia at a winery that I have a pickup at. He was out here on vacation with his wife and we got to talking about the cost of living and he couldnt believe what homes cost out here in California. The funny thing is that I was trying to explain to him that 500,000 was almost half what it cost here just 2 years ago. Anyways the thing that he said to me that Ill never forget is "out here it seems that your job isnt all that good of a job". I was flabber gassed, my UPS brother from Georgia basically just dissed my job. Then I realized what he was trying to say and it was in regards to what it cost to live here and what our pay is and well like he said in Georgia he lives on a lake with a boat and goes on wine tasting vacation with his wife. Something to think about when your complaining about our wages.
This Ga. driver just said what I was trying to explain in my earlier post. Here in NorCal UPS is NOT the highest paying job as it is in other parts of the country. Especially where you are located 287 in the heavily high tech area

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Where you live and the cost of living there is of no concern to me. That is a choice that you have made, based upon whatever factors you chose to consider before moving there. Equal work means equal pay.
I dont want it to be, my point is that from what Ive been told is that roughly 90% of UPSers dut to where they live are in the top 5% income bracket. I agree I chose to get hired in California, if I could transfer to a place with a lower cost of living I would in heart beat. My point is that we all get paid well expecially those who live where its cheap to live.

browndevil

I agree with equal work means equal pay, sometime in the near future UPS may get wind of negotiating regional wages. We are in cost cutting times. It's already done in the management ranks

D

Dis-organized Labor

Just because Dysfuntional Manager and UPSSUX dont get a 401k match why be pissed at people the company gives it to. The company wants to give me a 401k match and I provide a valuable service commitment for the compensation.

"Service Commitment" is that what picketing our Customers during Peak or grounding airplanes so they will not make service is called.
You're something else!

Last edited by a moderator:

bill102

are losing customers they do have because they cut the route that del. to them at 9AM. Now they get all their stuff at 4PM....Also they are sick of having a different driver everyday, that was something that set us apart in the past. I had a locksmith business that ordered a large order that they needed for a commercial job at a factory. They were used to getting everything early, well when I show up a 2PM they told me to take the pkgs. back .

When they get a cheap rate for ground delivery it will be delivered by end of day. If they want an early delivery, then they can pay for an 8am, 10am, or noon delivery. We jump through hoops for customers to make service but sometimes its not profitable or efficient. Its all about costs nowadays for UPS and its customers. If fedex gives them a cutrate deal, should we match it and lose money? We can work with customers and should do it but it has to work for us. You want an early ground delivery? You gotta give me all that air and international you give to the Fedex guy in the afternoon.

Box_Junkie

Point is that they were happy getting their stuff that early for years. Now BAM! 4PM.... come on now that takes some serious adjustment. That locksmith told that factory that the job would be done at a certain time and they couldn't keep that commitment.,,Because UPS fixed something that wasnt broke.