Raises

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Maybe. Would've liked to have seen it played out rather than shut down by campaign donations.

Considering that it was proposed because of special interest influence, don't you think it would be fair to have it killed off because of special interest influence?

Never understood why people want bad legislation.

59 Dano

Is FedEx really that terrified of negotiating a labor contract with a union represented workforce?

I’m being facetious. We all know the answer to that question.

Terrified? No idea. But does anyone want to negotiate a labor contract with a union represented workforce?

Nope.

vantexan

Considering that it was proposed because of special interest influence, don't you think it would be fair to have it killed off because of special interest influence?

Maybe because their employers lied to them repeatedly.

floridays

Has the FAA ever been to your station?
Have you ever had a subordinate with a DOT violation? Did a representative from the FAA, show up or respond in any way? The answer is no, the FAA has no jurisdiction in a matter such as this.
Lets not let an antiquated law, with no thought of a FedEx as we speak today dictate how and to whom workplace grievances will be settled.
That was the purpose of the RLA.
Let's let the precise government authorities that regulate distinct actions, acts, functions or modes of transportation in this special interest define what divisions of a company, if they exist, respond to and exactly what they are. Airline or motor carrier/trucking.
It's really not that hard to ascertain until politicians and lobbying money are applied.
Have you checked all the instruments yet pal? Walk around is done, pretrip complete, you've got 85 stops today, 22 P1, the rest mixed commits, may be some on calls with an hour window, might have to change your flight plan.
You aren't up for it clown, let's have that discussion.

You mentioned special interest influence twice, exactly on whose behalf were FedEx lobbyists courting?
Did FedEx have, were they their special interest?

59 Dano

Has the FAA ever been to your station?
Have you ever had a subordinate with a DOT violation? Did a representative from the FAA, show up or respond in any way? The answer is no, the FAA has no jurisdiction in a matter such as this.

The FAA does not handle DOT issues. The FAA shows up at stations for various reasons. DG issues, for example.

Lets not let an antiquated law, with no thought of a FedEx as we speak today dictate how and to whom workplace grievances will be settled.
That was the purpose of the RLA.

Pretend for a moment that the Express P&D operations and sorting operations were spun off into a separate business from the flight operations. They would still be covered under the RLA because it considers the degree to which the P&D/sorting company relies on an airline. In this case, it would be nearly 100%. It would also consider how essential the P&D/sorting company is to the airline's operation. Again, nearly 100%. And so on with other criteria.

You can give me a hundred reasons why you don't think Express employees who've never set foot in an Express airplane should be covered, and I'll tell you who the RLA covers and why. And FTR, an employer doesn't need to own or operate a single airplane to be covered.