Raises

floridays

Yeah, Amazon will have them finished off by then.
Not that, but they may actually be an "airline." I mean without going against the initial purpose and spirit for the inclusion of airlines in the RLA.

No need to buy Senators and house Representatives votes at that juncture.

Just being truthful.

zeev

Ground is cheap way to deliver e-commerce 60 to 70% of the cost is the last mile. Ground can do anything Express can. How to make Ground better you pay them more .

Gone fishin

Ground is cheap way to deliver e-commerce 60 to 70% of the cost is the last mile. Ground can do anything Express can. How to make Ground better you pay them more .
Grounds ma
fedex ground margin slipped from 11.5 percent to 6.4 percent. They’re not quite the golden goose they once were. Younger people don’t want to work on trucks.
We have a few ground drivers at express that said it was literally a job between jobs. REASON .... No future

bacha29

Grounds ma

fedex ground margin slipped from 11.5 percent to 6.4 percent. They’re not quite the golden goose they once were. Younger people don’t want to work on trucks.
We have a few ground drivers at express that said it was literally a job between jobs. REASON .... No future
Part of the reduced margin is due to expensing all of the expansion of capacity in recent years. In addition and like you say all they really want to offer is just transitional level employment. Just a job between jobs.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
You can be condescending and whistle past the graveyard all you want, but that same smug attitude and refusal to see this company for what it actually is becoming is going to be the reason why a lot of guys who are used to making $30 an hour will be working at McDonald’s by the end of the decade.

What is it that you think this company is becoming? You seem to have all the insight.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Not that, but they may actually be an "airline." I mean without going against the initial purpose and spirit for the inclusion of airlines in the RLA.

No need to buy Senators and house Representatives votes at that juncture.

Just being truthful.

Amazon doesn't own any airplanes. As for Express' inclusion in the RLA, it has been so since day one or thereabouts. No purchase of politicians required.

floridays

What is it that you think this company is becoming? You seem to have all the insight.
I'll offer my opinion or view if you'll allow.
It is becoming a true airline, a cargo airline.
As soon as a "ground" delivery infrastructure is in place, and can deliver "the promise" all express delivery services will cease to exist.

As long as the board's (board of directors) fiduciary responsibility is to the shareholders of FedEx stock that is exactly where it is and has been heading.
I'm not new to the game, I realized this at minimum ten years ago.

Correct me.

@bbsam, can your business deliver FO if you are compensated correctly?

@bbsam, can your business meet all time commits FedEx Express has in place if compensated correctly?

Dano, the precise moment FedEx Corp separates both operating companies and issues separate stock by both I will say I was wrong in my analysis.
Not until.

It is their, (the boards) fiduciary duty to maximize investor return.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
how much is my raise
8B5C749A-22EE-455A-9FDA-C1416FCA2AD2.gif

bacha29

That’s when they will have a problem. BINGO
Ground/HD stopped to deliver a box at my place a little while ago. Wanted to know if I wanted to come back to work. My response......"I'd rather have a case of penicillin resistant gonorrhea ". Contractor employed drivers at the terminal i was at are making the same money contractors were paying at least as far back as 7 years ago.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Ground/HD stopped to deliver a box at my place a little while ago. Wanted to know if I wanted to come back to work. My response......"I'd rather have a case of penicillin resistant gonorrhea ". Contractor employed drivers at the terminal i was at are making the same money contractors were paying at least as far back as 7 years ago.

Must be a fair wage.

bacha29

Must be a fair wage.
Tops out at $130 a day all straight time zero benefits. Upwards of 12 hour days and 6 days a week And if you go look at the job boards you'll see that by and large it falls pretty much in line with what other contractors are offering. You wouldn't work for that so don't even try to tell us that you would.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Tops out at $130 a day all straight time zero benefits. Upwards of 12 hour days and 6 days a week And if you go look at the job boards you'll see that by and large it falls pretty much in line with what other contractors are offering. You wouldn't work for that so don't even try to tell us that you would.

I wouldn't work for $130/day. You wouldn't work for $130/day. I see Ground trucks on road all day so someone is willing to work for $130/day.