Rand Paul putting Republicans on Blast

El Correcto

god is dead
Show me an example of tax cuts not exploding the deficit and debt?

You are the one that’s in delusional land.

Again I do not take republican delusions and dishonest rationalizations seriously.

Revenues are already behind their projected amounts because the tax’s cuts always results in less revenue then the projected revenue without the tax cuts and that’s the criticism of tax cuts.

Not that tax revenue won’t grow at all. Of course tax revenue will grow our population is growing our economy is growing.

If cutting taxes lead to more tax revenue collection over the revenue projections without those tax cuts then your delusional belief would have merit, but since tax cuts always lead to less revenue when compared to the revenues projected without the tax cuts........

That means Rand Paul and Republicans just voted to increase the deficit by at least 1.5trillion. It’s there in their own tax cut bill.

So Rand Paul is a hypocrite and so are republicans in general. As I just illustrated.
I just did. JFK, Reagan etc. try reading it then fact checking it.
4p8fd3f578f01.jpg

bbsam

Staff member
I could live with them all losing their seats and a group of conservatives and libertarians arguing it out on the best way to localize our safety nets and reign in this behemoth of waste our federal government has become.
Those are the people you elected. They are there right now.

Oh. They lied to you. It’s like they were politicians or something. And you believed them.

Who’s the :censored2:?

refineryworker05

I just did. JFK, Reagan etc. try reading it then fact checking it.
4p8fd3f578f01.jpg
Yeah but not Reagan’s and not Bushes and not Trumps so your point?

Try dealing with reality. Please. Just for one second just say I do not care about deficits or debt I want to lower income taxes because I am a very wealthy person or really want the wealthy to have more money cause I think that’s better for the economy cause they’ll trickle their enormous wealth to the rest of us, Or I want lower income taxes because I think too many of the kinds of Americans I hate get my tax dollars or maybe it’s both.

Then we can have an honest discussion.

But this pretend that tax cuts don’t explode the deficit and debt and that it is an honest position to support tax cuts while railing against budget deficits is utter phony bs which has been disproven three times. Cause we are already running way behind revenue projections with this tax cut.

vantexan

The outright dishonesty and delusional thinking of republicans and of Rand Paul who voted for that tax cut bill that greatly increases the debt and deficit is amazing.

Even now republicans bring up the last President and deficit spending in an attacking manner. “Oh yeah like Obama didn’t raise the deficit they spit out”
They do this while the current president is running up budget deficits, and they don’t care at all. They love him for doing it.

Again the ability of republicans to do this kind of delusional thinking where they attempt to ding the last president for deficits while not giving a damn about the deficits being created by the current one is truly awe inspiring. The audacity of the lying.

Again the collective ability of republicans to be this delusional this dishonest is truly a strength they have as a party that explains a lot of their political success.
This is what happened under G.W.Bush. The Repubs said they were going to do this or that, but ultimately they were afraid if they did they'd lose elections. And they did anyways. Looks like history is repeating itself. Dems who cry about the deficit are disingenuous. If Republicans were to stick to fiscal responsibility and cut spending the Dems would be talking about they're throwing Grandma off the cliff, they're heartless and cruel, they're racist, anything else they can think of to gin up their base. The Repubs talk about saving us from a looming debt crisis, but when push comes to shove they care more about their own skins, their future. There are principled Republicans who are against running up the debt, but they are just too few in number to stop this. So in the end there will come a reckoning because you just can't run up this much debt forever without the entire system collapsing under it's own weight.

refineryworker05

This is what happened under G.W.Bush. The Repubs said they were going to do this or that, but ultimately they were afraid if they did they'd lose elections. And they did anyways. Looks like history is repeating itself. Dems who cry about the deficit are disingenuous. If Republicans were to stick to fiscal responsibility and cut spending the Dems would be talking about they're throwing Grandma off the cliff, they're heartless and cruel, they're racist, anything else they can think of to gin up their base. The Repubs talk about saving us from a looming debt crisis, but when push comes to shove they care more about their own skins, their future. There are principled Republicans who are against running up the debt, but they are just too few in number to stop this. So in the end there will come a reckoning because you just can't run up this much debt forever without the entire system collapsing under it's own weight.
Democrats actually try to pay for stuff. I know ,I know it doesn’t matter that the CBO said that the ACA was paid for and it has proven to be paid for.. Clinton actually raised taxes and had a budget surplus, but blah, blah

Again republicans just voted for a tax cut bill that they say they will raise the deficit in 10years. Stop pretending damn. They don’t care about deficits. None of them do and neither do republican voters care about budget deficits or debt.

Also the largest government programs are the most popular government programs with republican voters.

republican voters delusionally believe if the government just kicked off Mexican illegals and lazy black and Latino Americans from “welfare” that will save the government all this money and balance the budget.

That’s what the average republican voter hates about government spending. Spending that goes to Americans they hate.

Again if we raise taxes in smart ways and with a strong economy the budget deficits can disappear. It happened in the not so distant past.

vantexan

Try dealing with reality. Please. Just for one second just say I do not care about deficits or debt I want to lower income taxes because I am a very wealthy person or really want the wealthy to have more money cause I think that’s better for the economy cause they’ll trickle their enormous wealth to the rest of us, Or I want lower income taxes because I think too many of the kinds of Americans I hate get my tax dollars or maybe it’s both.

But this pretend that tax cuts don’t explode the deficit and debt and that it is an honest position to support tax cuts while railing against budget deficits is utter phony bs which has been disproven three times. Cause we are already running way behind revenue projections with this tax cut.
Tax cuts historically have increased Federal revenue from the increased economic activity. It's the spending that exploded the debt. A lot of us are saying curb the spending. We aren't being hypocrites. But we have no control over what they do in Washington. But you are being self righteous because when Dems are spending great amounts you don't have a problem with it. Or do you?

vantexan

Democrats actually try to pay for stuff. I know ,I know it doesn’t matter that the CBO said that the ACA was paid for and it has proven to be paid for.. Clinton actually raised taxes and had a budget surplus, but blah, blah

Again republicans just voted for a tax cut bill that they say they will raise the deficit in 10years. Stop pretending damn. They don’t care about deficits. None of them do and neither do republican voters care about budget deficits or debt.

Also the largest government programs are the most popular government programs with republican voters.

republican voters delusionally believe if the government just kicked off Mexican illegals and lazy black and Latino Americans from “welfare” that will save the government all this money and balance the budget.

That’s what the average republican voter hates about government spending. Spending that goes to Americans they hate.

Again if we raise taxes in smart ways and with a strong economy the budget deficits can disappear. It happened in the not so distant past.
Always with the racism. And the ACA paid for? Yeah, by imposing penalties on others and exploding premiums and deductibles for everyone. But I digress. I haven't seen the vote tally but did every Republican vote for this bill? And when it comes to hate it comes through loud and clear who you hate. Don't worry, when you regain Congress and the presidency you can go back to the spending you claim you eschew now.

refineryworker05

Tax cuts historically have increased Federal revenue from the increased economic activity. It's the spending that exploded the debt. A lot of us are saying curb the spending. We aren't being hypocrites. But we have no control over what they do in Washington. But you are being self righteous because when Dems are spending great amounts you don't have a problem with it. Or do you?

This is delusional nonsense. Tax cuts decrease revenue compared to the projected revenue without the tax cuts that’s why they usually explode the deficit and debt this is objective reality.

No one says tax cuts leads to no revenue growth this an irrelevant talking point by dishonest or delusional republicans.

The criticism of some tax cuts is they lower revenue when compared to the projected revenue without the tax cuts which then explodes the deficit and debt.

Of course tax revenue will grow following tax cuts no one claims it won’t, the economy is growing our population is growing but that tax revenue growth is less then it would be without the tax cuts that’s the driver of deficits and debt.
And of course our spending grows. Our population is growing our economy is growing. The government heavily supports both. there is no way the government won’t spend more money. Not possible given what Americans want the government to do.

refineryworker05

Always with the racism. And the ACA paid for? Yeah, by imposing penalties on others and exploding premiums and deductibles for everyone. But I digress. I haven't seen the vote tally but did every Republican vote for this bill? And when it comes to hate it comes through loud and clear who you hate. Don't worry, when you regain Congress and the presidency you can go back to the spending you claim you eschew now.

Yeah the aca is paid for. Deductibles and premiums have not exploded. They paid for the aca by increasing taxes on wealthy people. Yeah Clinton’s tax increase did lead to a budget surplus

Yeah every republican in the senate that was there voted for it.

Look objectively, the economy isn’t better. The stock market isn’t better there isn’t less deficit spending. Those are supposed to be some of the key standards by which to judge a president. If those metrics sucked under the last president, they are slightly worse now and so logically must suck more now.

Trump is personally immoral. He has little connection to religious republicans.

His administration objectively is filled with already convicted criminals and those charged with serious crimes. Numerous people have left over previous criminal behavior or current corruption that no one has seen since Reagan maybe. Or GWBush

He has accomplished very very little in terms of policy a flawed tax cut bill and nothing else and there is nothing on the legislative agenda. There is no wall Mexico ain’t paying for it. There is no jobs or infrastructure plan. There is nothing there legislatively.

He is in a swirl of corruption due to Russia

So why do republicans love trump?

I think a shared hatred for other Americans explains it a lot better then anything I’ve ever heard republicans come up with.

vantexan

This is delusional nonsense. Tax cuts decrease revenue compared to the projected revenue without the tax cuts that’s why they usually explode the deficit and debt this is objective reality.

No one says tax cuts leads to no revenue growth this an irrelevant talking point by dishonest or delusional republicans.

The criticism of some tax cuts is they lower revenue when compared to the projected revenue without the tax cuts which then explodes the deficit and debt.

Of course tax revenue will grow following tax cuts no one claims it won’t, the economy is growing our population is growing but that tax revenue growth is less then it would be without the tax cuts that’s the driver of deficits and debt.
And of course our spending grows. Our population is growing our economy is growing. The government heavily supports both. there is no way the government won’t spend more money. Not possible given what Americans want the government to do.
EVERY tax cut resulted in a revenue surplus at the Federal level. And every time there was a correspondent increase in spending. What many Republicans want is tax cuts that spur the economy, and taking the surplus to pay down the debt. Period. People can benefit from the improved economy, they don't need an increase in wasteful government programs. There's plenty of that already. You keep telling me we're all lying, etc. You make a lot of assumptions that just aren't true. If taxation and spending improved deficits then Obama not only would have eliminated the deficit but a huge chunk of the debt too. And the only reason the budget was balanced under Clinton was real fiscal responsibility under Newt Gingrich coupled with a booming economy. Where's the leadership since then? Didn't happen under Bush Jr., or Obama and looks like we're treading the same path under Trump. Get past your partisan hatred and see it for what it really is.

El Correcto

god is dead
Those are the people you elected. They are there right now.

Oh. They lied to you. It’s like they were politicians or something. And you believed them.

Who’s the :censored2:?
I’m less worried if someone preaches cutting government and doesn’t follow through, than someone promising to expand it and following through. That’s the choices I see and I go with the lesser of two evils.

vantexan

Yeah the aca is paid for. Deductibles and premiums have not exploded. They paid for the aca by increasing taxes on wealthy people. Yeah Clinton’s tax increase did lead to a budget surplus

Yeah every republican in the senate that was there voted for it.

Look objectively, the economy isn’t better. The stock market isn’t better there isn’t less deficit spending. Those are supposed to be some of the key standards by which to judge a president. If those metrics sucked under the last president, they are slightly worse now and so logically must suck more now.

Trump is personally immoral. He has little connection to religious republicans.

His administration objectively is filled with already convicted criminals and those charged with serious crimes. Numerous people have left over previous criminal behavior or current corruption that no one has seen since Reagan maybe. Or GWBush

He has accomplished very very little in terms of policy a flawed tax cut bill and nothing else and there is nothing on the legislative agenda. There is no wall Mexico ain’t paying for it. There is no jobs or infrastructure plan. There is nothing there legislatively.

He is in a swirl of corruption due to Russia

So why do republicans love trump?

I think a shared hatred for other Americans explains it a lot better then anything I’ve ever heard republicans come up with.
You live in a Democrat bubble. Totally clueless and dishonest.

refineryworker05

EVERY tax cut resulted in a revenue surplus at the Federal level. And every time there was a correspondent increase in spending. What many Republicans want is tax cuts that spur the economy, and taking the surplus to pay down the debt. Period. People can benefit from the improved economy, they don't need an increase in wasteful government programs. There's plenty of that already. You keep telling me we're all lying, etc. You make a lot of assumptions that just aren't true. If taxation and spending improved deficits then Obama not only would have eliminated the deficit but a huge chunk of the debt too. And the only reason the budget was balanced under Clinton was real fiscal responsibility under Newt Gingrich coupled with a booming economy. Where's the leadership since then? Didn't happen under Bush Jr., or Obama and looks like we're treading the same path under Trump. Get past your partisan hatred and see it for what it really is.

Repeating delusional nonsense doesn’t change anything.

Again tax cuts lower tax revenue when compared to the projected tax revenue without the tax cuts and that causes the deficits and debt.

No one says Tax cuts won’t lead to tax revenue growth. Our economy and population are both growing so of course tax revenue will grow even with Tax cuts and no one says otherwise.

Of course spending increases again both our economy and population are growing and the government heavily supports both. There is no future in which government spending doesn’t grow.

So when you decrease revenue over projected amounts which is what tax cuts do while knowing there is no way the government won’t spend more money then yeah you are voting for increased deficits and debts when you favor tax cuts without paying for them.

El Correcto

god is dead

Can’t I just say I want these sort of taxes and programs enforced on a local level not a federal. Maybe I want the federal government doing what it suppose to do and quit expanding its power to distribute wealth on a national level. Maybe I don’t want my texas tax dollars paying for an abortion for an illegal immigrant in California. Maybe I want to pay more attention to my local elections when it comes to the greatest effect on my life and not be polarizing the nation by putting state populations against each other’s ideologies.

That’s the way this country was suppose to work.

refineryworker05

The kinds of Tax cuts republicans create don’t spur economic growth and have not spurred economic growth. So this thing you claim republicans want is objectively either republicans believing in fantasies or republicans lying. You pick.

The tax cuts republicans create lead to rich people getting a lot more money. Hugely increased budget deficits and increased debt. And then republican elected officials discuss cutting spending implying they’ll cut spending on all the lazy undeserving Americans who are sucking the system dry which republican voters believe will lead to cutting spending on Mexican illegals, and lazy black and Latino Americans and the circus continues.

Nope Gingrich introduced nothing least of all Fiscal discipline. His biggest legacy is welfare reform that republicans don’t even believe occurred. You think spending decreases under Clinton? Lol. No tax revenues exploded part due to tax increase and the economy. Please deal with reality.

President Obama never passed a tax bill so he never got the chance to deal with the debt and deficits in that manner. He only revoked some of GWBushes tax cuts and increased taxes from the ACA.

Except I have to point out the economy under President Obama out performed the Bush presidency which had tax cuts and so far it’s out performing trumps.

I say the Bill Clinton model can bring about budget surpluses because it did.

refineryworker05

Can’t I just say I want these sort of taxes and programs enforced on a local level not a federal. Maybe I want the federal government doing what it suppose to do and quit expanding its power to distribute wealth on a national level. Maybe I don’t want my texas tax dollars paying for an abortion for an illegal immigrant in California. Maybe I want to pay more attention to my local elections when it comes to the greatest effect on my life and not be polarizing the nation by putting state populations against each other’s ideologies.

What are talking about? Seriously the states, cities, districts, already collect taxes. So you already have control over that.

We have a federal government that collects taxes.

This idea from republicans that federal spending can’t go to things or people they hate makes zero sense.

This is a huge nation with a huge military that does various things throughout the world, should every American have veto power over every decision the military makes by withholding their tax dollars from that specific operation?

Of course not. It is an absurd position to take.

Yet republicans think their personal hatred of others should dictate policy in this manner. It is utter stupidity.

El Correcto

god is dead
The kinds of Tax cuts republicans create don’t spur economic growth and have not spurred economic growth. So this thing you claim republicans want is objectively either republicans believing in fantasies or republicans lying. You pick.

The tax cuts republicans create lead to rich people getting a lot more money. Hugely increased budget deficits and increased debt. And then republican elected officials discuss cutting spending implying they’ll cut spending on all the lazy undeserving Americans who are sucking the system dry which republican voters believe will lead to cutting spending on Mexican illegals, and lazy black and Latino Americans and the circus continues.

Nope Gingrich introduced nothing least of all Fiscal discipline. His biggest legacy is welfare reform that republicans don’t even believe occurred. You think spending decreases under Clinton? Lol. No tax revenues exploded part due to tax increase and the economy. Please deal with reality.

President Obama never passed a tax bill so he never got the chance to deal with the debt and deficits in that manner. He only revoked some of GWBushes tax cuts and increased taxes from the ACA.

Except I have to point out the economy under President Obama out performed the Bush presidency which had tax cuts and so far it’s out performing trumps.

You’re too racialized, like most dems. Quit race baiting, no one takes that seriously. Obama passed one of the worse pieces of legislation ever, losing the house, senate, govenors, Supreme Court and presidency to republicans. If he was so great and his legislation so grand why did that happen. The American economy thrived in spite of Obama’s legislation not because of it.

bbsam

Staff member

That’s not really how nations function.

vantexan

Bill Clinton in his first two years was trying things, including Hillarycare, that would've greatly increased spending. Resulted in the Dems losing both the House and Senate for the first time in 40 years. To his credit Clinton realized he had to govern from the center to get re-elected. Who put that idea forth? Dick Morris, the Republican strategist Clinton brought in to advise his '96 campaign. They co-opted Republican issues to win. Gingrich in '94 put out his "Contract With America" that outlined what the Republicans would do to balance the budget. The rest is history. Of course partisan hacks want to discredit the Repubs on everything but y'all are just patently dishonest. At this point I'm hoping the economy grows to the point that Dems are stopped in the mid-terms. Because if they aren't Heaven help us.